DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some good mods done to my truck now. Do you think I would benefit from switching to Diablo and getting a custom tune? I feel like getting a proper tune for my mods would benefit the way it runs for sure! Has anyone made a switch? And anyone with a custom Diablo tune did you notice a difference? And how much does a custom tune cost?

·
Registered
747 Posts
You will see some gains by going with a custom tune. I wouldn't go that route unless you are done with the mods, otherwise you will be spending more money on another tune. But yes you will benifit by going with a custom tune.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have the advance trans tuning you will miss it. Just my .02.
I see that on there, what all can you do with it? Can you make it turn your overdrive off with the tow/haul mode?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Tow/haul automatically turns it off w/o a tuner, the trans tuning is $39.95 and allows you to adjust everything, and I do mean everything, up shifts, down shifts, torque management, shift points. Takes a little while to learn but worth it.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
And just something else to keep in mind, a custom tune is only as good as the person doing the tune. It is definitely POSSIBLE to get more from a custom tune, but at least with the canned tunes you KNOW what you are getting for the money.

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
And just something else to keep in mind, a custom tune is only as good as the person doing the tune. It is definitely POSSIBLE to get more from a custom tune, but at least with the canned tunes you KNOW what you are getting for the money.
:iagree: :goodpost7td:

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
if you go the custom tune route...find someone with ram experience to do the tuning..the guys that do lx's dont do as well on the rams...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts