DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove my buddies 5.9 yesterday, and the throttle response seemed better than mine. My truck is def faster lol but you can feel the slight hesitation from when you hit the gas to when it takes off... Now i can be anal with little stuff like that, and even though its just a fraction of a second I notice it... I dont know if aftermarket throttle bodies are better than stock, but just out of curiosity has anyone ever heard of or thought about switching to a cable? Not sure if it can be done or what it would take but I feel like i would enjoy it, THANKS!

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
I know it can be done but don't know what it takes...A tuner would help your throttle response though for less headache...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have one and it helps, but my moms car has an electronic one and you can feel it too, my trans am has cable and its so much better, best way to feel it, cruise in 2nd at like 40, and start popping the gas real fast, you feel the hesitation easily like that, where with a cable your motor responds with however you press the gas, makes you feel more in touch with your motor

·
Registered
86 Posts
Perhaps a beefier tourque converter would help?

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Something else you may or may not know is that at WOT your electronic TB does not open 100%. I wonder if my electronic 4.7L TB is the same....?

Good luck post up if you find a way to do it, I'd be interested in reading about it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I most def will I'm gonna look into it

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Drove my buddies 5.9 yesterday, and the throttle response seemed better than mine. My truck is def faster lol but you can feel the slight hesitation from when you hit the gas to when it takes off... Now i can be anal with little stuff like that, and even though its just a fraction of a second I notice it... I dont know if aftermarket throttle bodies are better than stock, but just out of curiosity has anyone ever heard of or thought about switching to a cable? Not sure if it can be done or what it would take but I feel like i would enjoy it, THANKS!
I dont know about yours but Mopar makes a complete klt for the fourth gens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts