DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I took a set out of my wifes van, cannot see the road or anything with them ( the blue light absorbs into the black pavement and doesnt reflect back. If you use the 9004 bulbs I will sell them shipped for $25

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
The blue isnt all that, like a light sky blue color but really bad light for night driving, I popped in the 46,000K and man what a world of difference it makes seeing the road. If it is raining out it is like driving with no lights on at all. I think the blue falls in the 30,000K range and isnt very much light at all. I hate them just for the fact you cannot see anything and I have perfect vision. Just my opinion ( wonder if thats the reason all these tuner cars with blue lights are wrecked...lol )

·
Registered
709 Posts
I had found a chart showing light output. If I can find it I will post it. The lumen output goes down with the increase in K =(color temp). Stock HID's are 4200-4300k= not quite white (slightly yellow) 8000k will be more blue and produce less light. I went with 5000k for this reason. Pure white with the most light output.

Ok went and found it this is a good idea of color temp vs light output.

http://www.manyadeal.com/page.html?id=24

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Yeah I couldnt remember the exact #'s but we have the 6K's on now and are awesome. I wouldnt recommend the blues at all.... and I think thats the reason the cops are pulling people over with the blue lights because you just cant see the road at all.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I had some 8000K bulbs in my old F150 and while the blue tint looked cool they were terrible for night driving. Just not enough light.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Ok, I scanned the package and you can see the difference in the brightness ratings... as well as the other ratings are low.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts