DODGE RAM FORUM banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys -

I have my Linkswell Gen 2 on order. Should have it next week. Has there been any update on integration with SiriusXM? What is everyone currently doing to get SiriusXM to work through their Linkswell system? Would be great if there is a way to do using the existing SiriusXM factory antenna.

Stock14

·
Registered
11 Posts
Get ready for the fun!!! not in a good way. On my second unit, cant get it to update still, Linkswell has pretty much given up on me and you are going to have to use an app to use XM. When they tell you they have to get with their "developers", they mean someone in China that does not speak English. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Spoke to someone at Linkswell this week and I was told that all new units being shipped would be updated with the most recent firmware. I hope this is the case and they are not just telling me that. I have no issue with downloading and using the SiriusXM app however, I am guessing that I would have to stream or bluetooth the signal using my phone as a hotspot? From what I have read there is no way to sync the app with the factory installed SiriusXM satellite antenna? To my knowledge the there is no satellite in plug on the unit currently?

Lastly, am I able to install this on my own or should I have it professionally installed?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Spoke to someone at Linkswell this week and I was told that all new units being shipped would be updated with the most recent firmware. I hope this is the case and they are not just telling me that. I have no issue with downloading and using the SiriusXM app however, I am guessing that I would have to stream or bluetooth the signal using my phone as a hotspot? From what I have read there is no way to sync the app with the factory installed SiriusXM satellite antenna? To my knowledge the there is no satellite in plug on the unit currently?

Lastly, am I able to install this on my own or should I have it professionally installed?
There are 4 patches that need to be installed, sometimes 1 wont install and after many trys they tell you that you dont need it.

Their is no antenna connection for XM.

If you had a Nav radio or a nav optional radio, Instead of using the cheap gps receiver, Order a FAKRA Curry code K male to SMB female right angle cable. Plug one end into the blue radio gps connector and the other end into the factory xm/gps connector. And bam... you are using the factory gps antenna from your truck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The only advice I can give is, send it back or cancel it, all 4 updates do not work and all I get from Jon is that's weird, then he says try this, a week goes by then you have to call because he will not get back to you after numerous emails then if you are lucky enough to get past the nasty female that answers the phone he keeps telling you the same thing. He doesn't know how to fix this thing or update it and you keep hearing, "I'll get with my developers". I never get an answer on what his "developers" say. This thing is junk from China, you cant even change to Fahrenheit, and the camera, (if you can get that to work) only shows K/H. Save yourself from punching a wall. and don't even install it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ugh! You are making me question my purchase now, LOL. I was pumped about getting the T-Style 12.4 screen but now I am questioning whether I should have gone after the 8.4" U-Connect unit. All I know is that the current 5.0" factory radio is garbage and it needs to go ASAP. I am hopeful that the Linkswell Gen 2 unit is going to work out for me and that they eventually add the integration for SiriusXM to work off the existing factory satellite radio antenna.

·
Registered
10 Posts
After the patches, mine works great. GPS, Netflix for the kids. I suggest if you have any issues. Contact them using FB messenger.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I guess its hit and miss, I've had 2 units and both will not update and my climate controls are reversed and they don't understand why. I do like the premise of the unit and the things that do work are pretty cool. But I am not paying $1,000 for the flaws...so this one is going back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
good news, Jon is with someone and they are trying to find out why the updates are not working, apparently its a big problem...hopefully they can get this thing right

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I have been hold that all new Gen 2 T-Style units that Linkswell is shipping out will already have the firmware updates installed and Nav maps updated. I hope this is the case...

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK, Jon told me his "guys" are scratching their heads, and my unit can not be updated. He said he has to get with his boss to see if I can get a replacement. This is my second one, the first one wouldn't update either and that was the only thing that would fix the climate controls from flickering, (among other problems). The climate controls on this second one are reversed, the camera now doesn't work, the file manager is blank and there are more things acting weird. I guess I'll tell them its smoking and almost caught my truck on fire. I imagine then I MIGHT be able to get a refund. Even if the unit you get is "updated", if something goes wrong, you will not be able to update it. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE AGGRIVATION...DO NOT GET ONE OF THESE SCREWED UP PIECES OF CRAP!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am hopeful I have an experience similar to yours @steeda_gt where the unit is working and you are happy with it.

I am really leaning towards finding a professional car radio shop to do the installation for me after hearing all the trouble people have been having...

·
Registered
11 Posts
The install is not that bad, believe it or not. All the connections only fit in one slot, one way and the only hard part is getting all the harnesses back inside when reinstalling it. The problem you are going to have is the bad programming of the system and the fact that most of these units will not update, which means, when they add features like XM radio or when you have a small problem with something, (there's a few, trust me) you are NOT going to be able to update. Linkswell knows there is a problem with updating and Jon is only going to go over the procedure and then you get blown off when it doesn't update. A refund is not going to be an option, which will make you say "are these problems and lack of support really worth $1000?"

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am hopeful I have an experience similar to yours @steeda_gt where the unit is working and you are happy with it.

I am really leaning towards finding a professional car radio shop to do the installation for me after hearing all the trouble people have been having...
i had a professional install it, and then i had to reinstall it myself. Linksys worked with me for days until everything worked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got my unit last week and install it myself. Followed the installation video on Linkswell's Facebook page and it was a pretty straight forward install. Only issue was trying to get all the wiring back in behind the unit. After having it week, I must say I am quite happy with it. I have communicated with John at Linkswell this week through Facebook Messenger to address a few minor issues that he was able to help me work thru all of them -- many of them we just things I had to learn. My unit came with all the updated firmware already installed so I don't have to bother going thru any of those updates.

The only complaint I have thus far is the glare on screen. On a bright sunny day it can be hard to see the screen so I am going to try to find an anti-glare screen protector to put over the screen to address that issue. Hopefully for future generations of this radio, they go with a screen with anti-glare already on it.

Overall, I am quite pleased with the unit thus far. I will check back in a month from now to let you know how things are going.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I appreciate all the detailed reviews and feedback that everyone has given to this point. I was hoping the thread would go this direction when I started it. I've got a little over a month left of my 1st year SiriusXM/Ucon subscription and was hoping they would get all the bugs worked out by the time it ended. It seems like they're getting close to having a fully functional product without issues, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to get one at this point. I thought for sure one of the major companies (Alpine, Pioneer, etc.) would have released a T Style, seeing how much interest people have in the 19 RAM units. Hopefully one of them is developing one at an affordable price fully functional and not crazy expensive like that Alpine Restyle $4k unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are there any updates from anybody? I'm really considering this unit for my 2015 HD. Does anyone have this with the rear view camera and the cargo camera? Does the cargo camera work properly?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
If you have Facebook join the 4th Gen Ram group. I've seen it discussed a few times in there and it's much easier to ask people questions about it because you get immediate responses.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts