DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked these up today. Will be putting them in tomorrow or the day after. Got home and found that someone had borrowed my Torx set and just so happened to lose the T20 which I need for the tail lights.

Picked them up at the salvage yard when I went to buy a new passenger seat for my truck since the guy I bought it from had a dog that decided to chew on the seatbelt and I got the seat for less than half of what the dealer wanted for the belt alone. Saw the tail lights on the truck and hoped I got lucky and the headlights would be the same but he had sold those already :doh: so he told me just to take these if I wanted them if I would pull them! They look brand new so I took the 5 minutes to pull them before I left. Will post a pic after the install but did not want to tease.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Figures we get a snow storm today.... Going to look into painting the plastic casing on these to get some of the uv damage to vanish. If it doesn't look right, at least they were free :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Got home tonight and decided to swap them out. Will get better pics tomorrow in the daylight, but here is what one looks like at night. Pretty bright! the backup lights are a ton brighter in the new lens also so that is a HUGE plus!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please excuse the dirty truck, Wisconsin winter snowstorm makes keeping her clean 100% of the time impossible. Got a daylight pic of the tail lights after I swapped them out. Did not take a before pic because I am sure everyone has seen the ass end of a stock ram :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice! Have you thought about color matching the black bezel? Because if you're like me, I have to mod my mods :doh:
The thought did come to mind, but when I got them on, the black matches the black on top of the bumper and just over the lip of the tailgate from my liner so it pulls the back end together nicely in my mind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts