DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guess I’m very new to the forums here but so far love what I’m reading. There’s a lot here that will help in the future goin forward with some of my ole girls projects and more detailed maintenance. I got an 03 Ram 1500 2wd 2x4 quad cab. I bought it years back and it had led aftermarket tail lights, which I had to make jumpers from the running light wires before the conversion box for the light to daisy chain so to speak into the trailer light harness. Long story on that too but I didn’t have driver side trailer light brake light. But since all of that I recently developed an “lampout” indicator on the binnacle ONLY when the brake pedal is depressed and it don’t just do it one time upon pressing it will continually ring while my foots on the pedal. Here’s where it gets interesting I’ll check to see what side is having trouble by hitting directional while running lights (I.e.) headlights marker lights, shit you need at night. Are off and it always the driver side failing. Now with the lights on, depress brake pedal, indicator goes off/ lampout. I’ll repeat my troubleshooting method with directional and it jumps from driver side out to passenger side. I know this because the directional with flash faster as if a bulb or relay is out. But that not the case cus the point of failure seems to hop from one side to another.. I thought about just replacing both tail light and even the third row but either way thro advanced, autozone, Napa or even oem parts from amazon or eBay its gunna cost me around 100 bucks to replace. I remember a while ago I seen this video of this Canadian guy with the same year truck just 4x4 with all sorts of lighting issues fixed them with circuit boards and resistors I believe. Wanted to see if any of my new dodge friends could localize or pinpoint more precisely my quandary lol so I can make more and an educated guess! Hahahaha

1 - 1 of 1 Posts