DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2010 dodge ram quad and cant get my tailgate to lock with the ignition key. is there a different key for the tailgate is is my lock seized? i bought this truck used and only had the one key. tks jessie

·
Premium Member
32,785 Posts
Inside of the FOB, there should be a Valet Key
The Valet Key should unlock the tailgate

·
Registered
91 Posts
Your tailgate is most likely not original to the truck and thus your key doesn't work … Happened to me, I destroyed my tailgate and replaced it with a wrecker special and stupid me when I tossed the old tailgate I did not think of swapping the locks … Now I am kicking myself.

I have heard somewhere sometime that you could get a Mopar replacement lock where you just pop it in and it sets to your key on first use but don't quote me on that … Or ask me the part number … I wish someone smarter than me would reply to this thread with the information that I am missing here … I would sure love to get me a lock too but cant seem to google the information I remember reading somewhere …

·
Premium Member
32,785 Posts
You could get a used tailgate handle lock

Just take off the tailgate inspection cover, i believe there is something like 10 Torx bit screws that hold it in place
Once its removed the whole handle comes out with taking off 2 more screws & 2 plastic clips

A good locksmith should be able to make a set of keys for the tailgate & the drivers door if all of them are needed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts