DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone has removed their tailgate on a '09-12 Ram and how to do it. Doesn'r seem too complicated but would rather have some up front directions. Also, I'm having an on going problem with the rear sliding window. Sometimes will work, sometimes not, no rhyme or reason hear. Took it back to the dealer and they can't find what's causing the problem. It seems if it sits awhile in the warm sun, it won't work, but not always. Will shut the truck off to go into a store, come out, works fine??? Driving me NUTS!!!:doh:

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
not sure on the tailgate and as far as the window goes it could be a loose connection or the motor is getting hot and not allowing it to work.

·
Registered
839 Posts
They show how to do the tailgate in the manual....

Basically, lower the gate, disconnect the two limiting straps, left the right side of the tailgate up at the hinge area and lift away....pull left side away from its pin......walk away.

Easy.

Seems like with a gate this big two people might be suggested.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The gate is removed exactly per the manual and as described by shadango. It's not as heavy as you may think; it's just bulky, so have a good grip while you undergo this process. It can be a little tricky to get it to line back up when you are reinstalling it though.

I've had to remove mine at -30*F due to it not having the proper lubrication in it and not wanting to stay shut unless I warmed it up.

As for the window, I have no clue as I have the manual slider; it either works or it gets busted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.