i have 3 options for my taillights
1-buy a set of recon tinted taillights.
2-buy the night shade spray and tint my taillights that way
3- get a tint film and put that on

i need tips on which way i should go

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
I vote for either #1 or #2 depending on the look you ultimately want.

I opted to have mine professionally tinted, as I like the look of the factory tails, and am personally not a fan of VHT, but many members have used VHT with incredible results. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
yes depends on the look you want, I bought LED tails, same as recon, but way cheaper!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
vht is way cheaper, 10 bucks basically... but watch you dont do it too dark, mine came out really dark, during the day you could barely see them, at night they were awesome though and very visible, if you do the VHT and it comes out too dark you could always buy LED bulbs to put in your stock taillights to make them more visible, some members have some wicked finished products with the vht heres mine..

i think I did 4 coats, after 3 they didnt look dark but I didnt let them dry fully, after a few hours of drying they darken up alot... when sun was shinning on them you couldnt see me brake lights, I removed the vht on the tails and left the 3rd brake light for the winter

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx for the tips guys, ur truck looks clean. i will post pic of what option im gonna pick.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
thx for the tips guys, ur truck looks clean. i will post pic of what option im gonna pick.
im sure whatever you will do it will add significantly to the look of your truck!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had egay led tails on mine for a bit but the wiring screwed up, One day I would have turn signals but no brake lights, the next day I would have brake lights and no turn, the next day i had everything work it was a major inconveinience. i swaped out the leds for my stocks and painted them with vht, looks identcal to the ones posted u already, mine are too dark aswell i tried an led buld but of coarse they dont draw enough current and throw the "lamp out" light so i took them out and added some silvania suerstar 3157 bulbs to the turns. they are 20% brighter and it helped a fair bit, imho the vht looks way better!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts