DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Lonestar crew short bed. I ordered a 2015 the way I wanted it (air suspension) and it came in without it. Fix it again Tony FIAT was no help. So I decided I would fix what I have as it has 20k miles and gets 20 to 25 mpg on my 6 cyl gas.

My 2014 has heated seats and 40 20 40 bench seats. I have replaced my 5.0 radio (Bluetooth stunk) with a 8.4 AN kit. BTW the Bluetooth is 100 times better in the 8 inch. This has brought up some questions.

1. My heated seats now go off in 3 sec.
Can I buy the bezel off a Laramie and have the TPM switch reprogrammed for the automated controls? I am also unable to register the Uconnect server.

2. Can I add a Laramie interior to get the Leather and heated / cooled seats? I already have the heated seats. Can the system be reprogrammed for the cooled seats if I get the right switch?

3. Can I add the air suspension to a non air suspension. I really need this because I am disabled. Ram was to add it to a new 2wd (special order from Mr. Gurnsey at Ram) but it did not show up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for the help.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered a new Laramie. Dealer almost refused to order a bench seat. I have found out Ram is very unwilling to help a disabled person. I special ordered a 6 cyl Laramie 2wd and a man by the name of Gurnsey (Dallas office I think) was to add the air suspension. It arrived with a hemi and no air ride and they changed everything. Ram mobility was no help and after a 2 hour shouting match and a threat from Scott (supervisor in Customer Service), I gave up. People who have disabilities need air ride (the 5 inches make a big difference) and do not need to waste the fuel of 4x4.

That is why I am trying to fix what I have. I can not get what I need.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Technically, the air suspension I believe only has 4 inches of adjustment, with +/- 2" above standard height, meaning it will only give you 2" of drop for easier access. The other 2" go higher than standard height, for offroad clearance.

And I don't think the cooled seats will be a drop in deal, as the seat air actually feels like a/c, which means it will have to tie into the HVAC through some ductwork.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Technically, the air suspension I believe only has 4 inches of adjustment, with +/- 2" above standard height, meaning it will only give you 2" of drop for easier access. The other 2" go higher than standard height, for offroad clearance.

And I don't think the cooled seats will be a drop in deal, as the seat air actually feels like a/c, which means it will have to tie into the HVAC through some ductwork.
The cooled seats do not tie into any duct work, it is all built into the seats. Its not AC its fans.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I want to thank everyone for the help. I talked to ridetech and they were wonderful. They are putting a package together for me for what I need. Once again thank you.

My only concern with the cooled seats is the switch in the dash. Is this changeable in the computer? I also am dealing with the conflict with the heated seat switch. The heated seat only comes on for 3 sec. after I went from the 5.0 to 8.4 an radio. Can I change the bezel to the upgraded controls? My dealer can't answer it and is not being much help. On the radio, it shows me changing fan speed and temp but if I try the heated seat, it goes on and off.

If anyone has done this or is a tech, I really need the help.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I want to thank everyone for the help. I talked to ridetech and they were wonderful. They are putting a package together for me for what I need. Once again thank you.

My only concern with the cooled seats is the switch in the dash. Is this changeable in the computer? I also am dealing with the conflict with the heated seat switch. The heated seat only comes on for 3 sec. after I went from the 5.0 to 8.4 an radio. Can I change the bezel to the upgraded controls? My dealer can't answer it and is not being much help. On the radio, it shows me changing fan speed and temp but if I try the heated seat, it goes on and off.

If anyone has done this or is a tech, I really need the help.
I think people have swapped their seats for Laramie ones and they can get the computer programmed properly to get the heated seats working but as far as I've read around here nobody has been able to get the cooled seats working.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts