DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have been searching for the better part of tonight and have read through a good number of the TC threads and have yet to find the link to the case where the TC issues have been documented to help sway the dealer. Headed to the dealer tomorrow to get my TC rattle taken care of (i.e. replaced) and just want to have all my ducks in a row.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,860 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
My TC experience: TC replaced but problem not fixed. My truck was at the Dealer for 3 days last week, and they still have no clue how to fix it. According to other dealer it need a new Drive shaft and maybe a new rear end. I have an open case with Chrysler and to be honest i want a new truck sick of this dealer BS game.

First they did a TSB:

later a TC replacement.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks!

RAMTX: I greatly appreciate you providing this to me, and I hope they get things sorted out quickly, although at some of these dealerships unless they can plug it in to the computer they don't know what to do.

If you're having issues at a specific RPM range then the only issues with the drive shaft or rear end could be ones that were either present at all times or get progressively worse at higher RPM (not speed since the driveshaft speed is based off of RPM). In the case of the driveshaft it could only be either bent or misbalanced, the should replace the transmission next and work their way back from there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts