DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm rather new to this Dodge and have had the inTune only a week. The 87 power tune seemed to only juice up the throttle response until I checked the mileage and it has seemed to make a noticable difference (1 - 1.3) I don't race at all and will seldom tow.

I loaded the TCM Performance tune and really can't tell what it does except "maybe" hold the lockup @ 5th out a bit longer. I only ran it about 20 miles ...

Was wondering what some other guys experiences have been with the pre-loaded tunes?

Thanks

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Ok that's what I thought but I thought diablo didn't have any transmission tuning capabilities...?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It doesn't do much on the 545RFE other than adjust shift points for drag racing and rpm/throttle (shift timing). No "firmness" adjust... But it does have a "TCM Tune" option and I'm hoping someone hare with more experience can clue me in to what it does

I'm very new to all this and trying to learn so that's all I know about the tool and trans...

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Maybe try the diablo forums? I never even heard of that TCM tune...

·
Registered
896 Posts
For my 05 it helped with shifting points when running the 91 tune. I liked it a bit more over the stock TCM setup. It is all in preference really. Run it a couple days and then run your stock TCM tune again and see which you like better.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For my 05 it helped with shifting points when running the 91 tune. I liked it a bit more over the stock TCM setup. It is all in preference really. Run it a couple days and then run your stock TCM tune again and see which you like better.
Thanks MS87.
I've had 2 days off (which is rare) so I've been "playing" with it much more than I've had time for since the inTune first arrived. You're exactly right - adjusting the shift points is where I needed to go. I'm dropping the values since the engine has major torque down low and mileage is my goal plus I like the consistant rpms at the shiftpoints. I haven't owned an auto trans vehicle since '77 so the 545RFE is a learning experience in itself :)

Like all the posts I could find, the 87 tune feels better and yields as good mpg as the economy tune so I'm still on the 87 perf tune and that helps my mileage a good bit. When I get this tank of 87 fuel run out and fill up with 93 octane I plan to try the 91 tune. Gas is so crappy and inconsistant around here, I won't try the 93/Diablo tune.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts