DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here's my problem. I can get both hot and cold air, but I have to switch the blend door by hand. I figure it's either the switch that controls the blend door or the wiring that connects the two. Is there any way to test the wires to see if that is the problem? I'm trying to avoid buying a whole new control switch if I can help it. Any suggestions? :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
I don't know much about this but isn't the door position controlled by engine vacuum? I know when the vacuum lines get old and crack/leak this is affected. This happened on my old s10 and it wouldn't change vent position (defrost, vent, floor) then I replaced some old vacuum lines and it worked fine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can change the vent possitions fine. Changing the temprature is what I am having trouble with. I've already looked into the heater treater option. The kit they have is to fix the blend door problem. My blend door is operating fine.

I guess I'm just going to have to pay for a new temp control switch and see if that fixes it.

·
Banned
7,846 Posts
I'd pull the thermal relay out and check it for corrosion or a bad plug. They usually start with the door only wanting to go to dash or some similar type issue, then stops the door from changing all together. Then the fan starts acting up and won't work.

Have you experienced any of these issues?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts