DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got two temp sensors the gauges are from glowshift, but i have a trans temp sensor and a oil temp sensor that i need to get installed, i dont want to cut the outlet pipe on my tranny and do the T i just want to install it on the test port (i know i know not as accurate but it should show a decent enough temp change which is all it needs to do. also got a oil temp sensor which i know some people use the T fitting so they can use their factory pressure sensor and the temp gauge at the same time. any one got any ideas and if so what the part you used and part number and where did yah get it. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You will never get decent oil temp readings if you install the sender in a dead end fitting like where the oil pressure sender is. The reason being is the oil goes into the fitting and stops. There is no flow over the sender. All your readings will come from heat transfer over time and will not be showing you an accurate temperature range on your oil. For an oil temperature gauge to be effective, it needs to be at least in the oil pan which will give you mush more accurate readings or to do it the best way, in the line to the oil cooler.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts