DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
It is listed as an option for the Rams, but when I ordered my truck it wasn't listed in the dealer system, I didn't want the color, I was just curious because I have not seen any...

·
Registered
224 Posts
It's listed in the 2012 catalog as a late availability. Salesman (yesterday) said it will likely only be available on the Laramies, but he wasn't sure as there has been absolutely no info passed on it... for the record, he is a knowledgeable RAM salesman... unlike most.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was about to start a post about this color, and thought I would just revive this old thread. I really want to like this color, but can't seem to get used to it... It's almost like this color can't decide if it wants to be GOLD or COPPER, but maybe I think this color only looks good on 4x4 trucks/diesels and not for 2WD sport trucks? :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I thought I would like the color, but when the wife and I went to the dealership to look at it - it just didn't quite do it for me. From my perspective it looks like "baby sh!! yellow". The salesman agreed.

I initially hoped it would have been closer to the Mango Tango color similar to the earlier Daytona Rams - but its not.

Some may like it - we didn't. Everybody's perspective is different...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yeah cant say im a fan. White or black floats my boat anyday.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yeah there was one on the lot when I was looking around and it didn't really appeal to me either. It's been 4 months since I bought mine and the same truck is still sitting there so it seems not many like that colour. The truck was a nicely equipped Longhorn too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
it was a very short ordering cycle for the color in our area at least. Express models and laramie models were the only ones you could order it in here. Different areas are different but that was denver region. It was only open for maybe two months at most.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I Have not seen it in person, but I love it in pictures

·
Registered
360 Posts
I seen 3 or 4 on two different lots over the weekend. Not a fan. I mean its RARE so thats cool, but I like the 2009's "Mango Tango"??? i believe its called, color better.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Myself I like this color enough that I ordered it on my truck. I wasn't sure looking at that little swatch in the brochure, but I was lucky enough that another dealer had one on their lot in this color. Once I saw it that made my mind up. I will say my truck makes me smile every time I look at it, and I love not seeing my truck at every red light.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Myself I like this color enough that I ordered it on my truck. I wasn't sure looking at that little swatch in the brochure, but I was lucky enough that another dealer had one on their lot in this color. Once I saw it that made my mind up. I will say my truck makes me smile every time I look at it, and I love not seeing my truck at every red light.
I did the same and ordered it in Tequila Sunrise. There were none on any lots nearby so I ordered it sight unseen... Extremely happy with my color choice, nothing but compliments either but everyone's taste is different.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I like the color. It stands out from all the other "normal" truck colors. But, I don't think I would buy a truck in the color. A little too flashy for a truck in my opinion. It's not for everyone, guess that's why most dealers around here only have 1 of them.

·
Registered
874 Posts
There's 2 sports this colour in town here. And they showed up bout a month ago and man I wish I woulda seen this these trucks before I bought mine. I love that colour in sports only tho I don't think it mixes well with chrome

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
There was an Express in that color with the chrome wheels at my local dealer. Very nice color, you have to see it in person. They would not sell it for what I was willing to spend. I am enjoying the silver anyways, it never looks dirty.

·
Registered
30 Posts
OK here is my Opinion....

This color is a pale replacement for the beautiful Mango Tango that they had in 2009/10. I owned a Mango Tango 2010 and LOVED it. I got all kinds of comments on it, and when I decided to trade up, it was almost a deal breaker that I couldn't get the same color. The Tequila Sunrise just looks washed out when compared...

I ended up in my 3rd color choice, Black when I couldn't get into the Sagebrush color.

In conclusion... It's got to be YOUR color for it to be right... I wouldn't order it sight unseen for sure...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am not a huge fan of two tone paint on trucks, but I think this color looks better with the gray on the bottom. Not a bad color, but all one color might be a bit much.

As for bulldawg's comment on black and white... the only disappointment I had when I sold my white LTZ was the decal on the back... just say no to black. ;-)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well I'll be the first to post a picture then...:smileup: Really hard to get the color looking accurate in pictures but this is what I have:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts