DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Which Light Combination Looks the Best?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I had to run an errand and wasn't staying long so I figured I'd just park in the lot but in a way that would make it quick to leave since the lot was pretty empty. When I left I noticed that it seemed like a pretty cool opportunity for a sunset pic. Now I know some of you could be photographers as a second job, but I'm not great at picking the best of a series I take. I have always liked the sunset look with lights on, but which combo looks the best? I figured this sort of applies to all of us, so I put it in GD.

1: No lights

2: Parking Lights

3: Parking and fog lights

4: Headlights and fog lights

or 5: Headlights only

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Old School Muscle Car in me says "parking lights only " , but I like headlights and fog lights on the trucks.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
IMO, the bright white paint makes the headlamps look kind of yellowed, so I would opt for those without the headlamps on.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
The Old School Muscle Car in me says "parking lights only " , but I like headlights and fog lights on the trucks.
I was thinking the same thing about the muscle cars...parking lamps only was the way to go in my Camaro.

·
Super Moderator
34,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Thanks for the input guys; don't forget to vote! :wavey:
Everyone knows that if you don't send 134 mailers out, nobody will vote. If that's not correct, perhaps the political candidates could be let in on that little secret. :thk:

·
Super Moderator
34,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everyone knows that if you don't send 134 mailers out, nobody will vote. If that's not correct, perhaps the political candidates could be let in on that little secret. :thk:
:LOL:

I'm surprised how even it is so far, I figured parking/fogs and parking only would be crushing the other options

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,441 Posts
I like the park and fogs. Truck looks tough.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Parking and fogs first, with parking only a close second. No lights looks like a dead truck. Parking lights give them life! I like the fogs with it because they are low and add an accent. Headlights on just looks too typical.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I use parking and fog lights when I just want to be visible (I.e. I don't need headlights to help me see). If dark enough that the headlights will help me, I add those in. If total daylight, I use no lights.

·
Super Moderator
34,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just fogs, personally I usually have the mains and fogs on all the time but your mains look kinda yellow
Come to think of it the heads do look yellow compared to the fogs, maybe its time for the H9/9011 upgrade. I usually don't use the fogs. Unless I'm in a really dark area like on a rural road, or if the weather is bad

·
Registered
351 Posts
Number three.

·
Super Moderator
34,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
needs some roof marker lights

Nah. If I had an HD I would absolutely have clearance lights, but on a 1500 they just make you look like a tool IMHO

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I'm a parking and fogs fan. Always have been! And I voted!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts