DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i just got my truck 2 weeks ago and Im starting to make plans and working on it, so this is my build thread and ill post as I work on it
to start its a 99 Dodge ram 1500 5.2L auto 4spd trans
here is a pic

I washed it up and took a quick picture before my electrical system went heywire, new battery (duralast gold) and its fixed
here is my first mod

here is what i planed for it
fix ball joints and u joints
2500 suspension swap
2 inch blocks and spacers (for a little extra tires)
Red Lights for Fire calls :D
led (Orange) cluster swap
interior lights (orange as well)
rear sliding window swap
under tailgate bar
smoking the cab lights
front bumper lights (fog and off road)

Still debating
push button start
side markers
new seat upholstery (black leather)

any tips, hints, or suggestions let me know

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
very cool looking truck :smileup:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will do, its ball joints and u joints today so i can get a sticker tomorrow and maybe cab lights next weekend if i can find some help to rip out my head board (four hands greater than two)

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
i cant wait to see it with the clearance lights.

·
Registered
32 Posts
No this is a build section, u do really need to calm down and stopping being negative towards others!
Its says this underneath the build thread:
When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, This is the place to showcase the build.

And now back to the normal thread,
Looks like your making a lot of progress on your truck already!
Did I miss something. Who's being negative ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I must of missed what ever he said,
to answer questions in the mean time i am keeping them as i need them for state inspections and they dont look half bad. the future might hold a set of bushwackers (or somethin similar)
I have done some work i still got more, with the temp around 9'F it was too cold to work on it and the alternator is busted (after a new battery and terminals) so im runing around to junk yards to get that fixed as well, i also might move up my suspension swap to start plowing (not sure yet), i need push plates because its going from a 05 2500 to my truck
but a buddy of mine is letting me use his garadge this weekend
also i got a mod that i have been drawing out in class to go on the back of my truck, i got a rough sketch so ill post it later and get your opinions

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
as promised when i get some free time in the next few months this is what i would like to do

and that should do me for mods till the sumer so i better get my winter projects started lol

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
looks like you got a decent list with a good mix of mods, too keep you busy for a while! have fun making it the way you want it!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looks cool, what you going to mount it to?
right to the bed i figured, i am still trying to draw it out how exactly im going to do it, i was originally thinking sheet metal but a friend of mine is saying fiberglass is better so im not sure yet and that will deside exactly "How" i mount it

and yes i will be busy a while lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update: did a bunch of work this weekend this weekend thanks to my lil sisters boy friend, we did new ujoints in front, u and L ball joints on drivers side, new front break calibers, and pads. Pulled off the U joints on drivers side and gues what? they didnt want to replace them so they desided to "Spot weld" all the caps so it took some time but between me beating it for over an hour and Ben beating it for another 45 min we got them out. also figured out why my 4x4 wasnt engaging too, so front end is pretty good goint to do some body work this week and maybe cab lights if i have time, i gotta bring my Girl Friend to get a cast wensday and car shoping too, so ill keep you updated when i can, also a picture of the welded caps

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well this one might not last long, i totaled my other car so im going to buy another truck (01 1500 alot less miles alot nicer) so this one might go as i dont need two, but still in air

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.