DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 Ram Express 2 Door has 12,000 miles on it. About a year ago, I developed a squeak in the back left of the truck. It's very loud. I can hear it with the windows closed while going over a speed bump (dealer said they drove it two miles and couldn't hear anything).

I wanted to replace the back end suspension with a 2" drop with Springs and Shocks, so I figured I would just wait, install those, and it would fix the issue. I bought Ground Force 2" Springs and Shocks and installed them 1,000 miles ago.

The moment I set the truck back on the ground from the install, squeaks.

If I had OEM Springs and Shocks and the rear squeaked, replaced those with new Springs and Shocks and the rears squeak... It shouldn't be the Shocks or Springs, right? What could it be? Do I need to reinstall the OEM setup and take it back in?

Thanks!

· Registered
2,455 Posts
You gotta get a can of wd 40 and get under there and start spraying things one by one until the noise goes away. Spray one thing, drive it, spray another thing, drive it, etc, etc. once you know what it is, you can replace it or apply some grease.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You gotta get a can of wd 40 and get under there and start spraying things one by one until the noise goes away. Spray one thing, drive it, spray another thing, drive it, etc, etc. once you know what it is, you can replace it or apply some grease.
That's a good idea. I'll have to do that. I'm thinking it could the spring boot or some bushings under there.

· Registered
1,701 Posts
Or spray it, bounce it, spray something else, bounce it, ad nauseum until the squeak stops. Give the WD 40 some time to work it's way in to what you have sprayed.

Once you find the source you can use some more permanent lube, such as white lithium, depending on what that squeak source is.

Good luck!

· Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,446 Posts
check your body mounts. My right front had loosened slightly just enough to squeak loudly. Brought it to the dealer they heard the squeak but couldnt find it. I read a post here about it and told the dealer to tighten the mounts and the squeak was gone.

· Registered
308 Posts
Also read a post about the exhaust hangers squeaking. Probably not your case, but worth checking out.

· Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,446 Posts
The body mounts have Loctite on them, so will have to put Loctite and torque them
I dont know if they put loctite. They did retorque the right front mounts.

· Registered
50 Posts
Mine squeaks. There is a bracket under the truck bed on the drivers side. The brake lines rub in that bracket and makes a squeak. It drove me nuts. I found it by having my kids jump on the rear bumper and i crawled under the truck.

Good luck.

· Registered
286 Posts
I'll echo a few other commentators here, either body mount or transmission mount. I had the same squeak you're describing and was told something worse than you were....."we can't find the source of the squeak".....I said good, I'll keep driving this free rental until you find and fix the squeak. Not so surprisingly they found it the next day......transmission mount.

· Registered
286 Posts
I'll echo a few other commentators here, either body mount or transmission mount. I had the same squeak you're describing and was told something worse than you were....."we can't find the source of the squeak".....I said good, I'll keep driving this free rental until you find and fix the squeak. Not so surprisingly they found it the next day......transmission mount. PS.....even if you WD-40 the sh*t out of everything as someone else suggested, that'll just be a temporary fix.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.