DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
That is just awesome! You going to wire those in the brake lights?

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its the stock emblem i drilled out 2 slots for led's and was thinking of running it full time with parking lights

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I thought this thread was about something my wife gives me every now and then, lol.

Cool mod! Post some installed pics when you can please!!

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,095 Posts
I always liked those, too, looks sweet man, nice job! :smileup:

- Cajun

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
:smileup: on the led mod

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
This was actually the very first mod i did to my truck...
it lasted the weekend until the cops wrote me a ticket for having red lights in the front of my truck. It cost me a large amount of money for the ticket and i no longer have red eye`s in my ram emblem in the front grill. I do still have the red ones in my tailgate though, those are hooked up to blink rapidly when i step on the brake pedal. Lately i`ve been working on having smoke come out the ram nostriles by using cooking oil going into a heating element, then out the rams nose in the emblem. So far the smoke idea is working, i just have to figure out where to get a small enough oil holding tank to install inside the tailgate, then have an access cover to refill it when needed. That too, will be hooked to the brake light function so that it only blows smoke when the brakes are applied. Yeah i know, i got wayyyyyyyy to much time on my hands...lol.
I think it would be kewl though once i get it fixed into the tailgate...heheheheeee

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
it lasted the weekend until the cops wrote me a ticket for having red lights in the front of my truck. It cost me a large amount of money for the ticket and i no longer have red eye`s in my ram emblem in the front grill. I do still have the red ones in my tailgate though, those are hooked up to blink rapidly when i step on the brake pedal. Lately i`ve been working on having smoke come out the ram nostriles by using cooking oil going into a heating element, then out the rams nose in the emblem. So far the smoke idea is working, i just have to figure out where to get a small enough oil holding tank to install inside the tailgate, then have an access cover to refill it when needed. That too, will be hooked to the brake light function so that it only blows smoke when the brakes are applied. Yeah i know, i got wayyyyyyyy to much time on my hands...lol.
I think it would be kewl though once i get it fixed into the tailgate...heheheheeee
Now this I want to see :D

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Now this I want to see :D
I hope by springtime to have it all figured out and in the tailgate and working good. As of right now, its just to cold to be playin around out in the garage. I asked (BEGG`D) my wife if i could just bring the tailgate in the house so i could work on it....:smiledown:....uhhhh whoops that was a very bad idea...lol.

My biggest problem, is finding a way to upload a video for you guys so that i can share it with all of you on how it works out. I dont have or own a video camera. Maybe i might be able to find someone here locally that would do a video of it and post it for me.

Just an update.... i`ve got it throwing smoke out to 3ft now. This is gonna be a HOOT when i get it done.

Sorry to the original OP for hi-jacking his posting
i was just excited to share with everyone with what i`ve been playing with on my truck. I saw this post and just wanted to add to it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
it lasted the weekend until the cops wrote me a ticket for having red lights in the front of my truck. It cost me a large amount of money for the ticket and i no longer have red eye`s in my ram emblem in the front grill. I do still have the red ones in my tailgate though, those are hooked up to blink rapidly when i step on the brake pedal.
They shouldn't have been able to write you a ticket for the red lights on the front of your truck unless they were blinking and bright enough to convince someone they were emergency lights (ex a fire truck). I could understand blue but the bottom line is that these LED's aren't near bright enough to be considered something to be ticketed for, not to mention there (hopefully) wasn't a siren going off with them. Sounds like a cop with way to much time on his hands.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well i used to live in the south jersey area the cops in jersey and philly can be well not nice at times. But i was behind a cop here for about 6 miles last night and no problem they are so small and i can turn them off with the flick of a switch now so ya pull me over ill say it was a reflection

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Can see it now you hit brakes smoke comes out people are like wow then SLAAAAAAAAAM REARENDED then cop see you had smoke coming out says it was blocking the light of your taild more fines lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts