DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I would like to say thanks to everyone for all of the wonderful information in these forums. RamForumZ Rocks is all I can say.

I have had my truck now for about three weeks now and I love it. Coming from a life long Chevy, particularly Silverado's, I am really enjoying my RAM. So far I added some subtle graphics. The full white truck seemed like it needed something to break up all of that glaring White in the Arizona sun.

Next came the Chrome Dodge/Mopar side steps. I found a set from a guy with a 11' Crew Cab that didn't want them and mounted them up to my Quad Cab. I really like the over extension. It gives me a step up to reach into the front of the bed and that is always helpful for us short guys.

Last but not least is the Bilstein 5100 adjustable/Leveling shocks. Installed them this morning with some help from my father-in-law. It all went together in about 3 hours. If we had a better spring compressor, it would have been closer to 2 1/2 hours. I set them at the 2.1" setting. Before the 5100's my front had a 3 1/2" gap and the rear at 7". Now I am sitting at 6 1/4" front and 7" rear. I can live with the 3/4" rake.

Here are some pics for anyone interested.

When I purchased it.

With the graphics and the side steps added.

After the 5100's

·
Registered
94 Posts
I like the graphics and steps, I added the oem steps on mine as well, I really needed to my wife is 5'2" lol

Do you have plans for bigger tires, or any other changes lined up? I've been thinking about adding some kind of graphics to mine as well, bed stripes or something.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the graphics and steps, I added the oem steps on mine as well, I really needed to my wife is 5'2" lol

Do you have plans for bigger tires, or any other changes lined up? I've been thinking about adding some kind of graphics to mine as well, bed stripes or something.
Thanks Unreal. The steps seemed to be a requirment for both the wife and myself. I am only 5'7" and the wife is 5'4". Not to mention it was kind of funny to watch my 4 and 2 yr olds trying to climb into the back seats of the truck with out them. I really like the Cooper Zeon's I have on the truck right now. They are the factory size 275 60 R20 but when they start wearing out I plan on going up a size. Not sure yet what size but there are alot of good examples on this site for when the time comes. Your 35's look great but not sure I want to go that big.

I saw something simalar to these graphics online somewhere and worked with they guy at House of Grafix to make these for me. He now sells them with a pic of my truck for the example. I also got a bed side Ram skull/stripe that I plan on putting on. Not sure if it will be "too much" but I will not find out till I put it on and look at it. Here are the links if you guys are interested.

http://houseofgrafx.com/products/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_22_61&products_id=1400

I got the "C" version of the Ram head in dark gray to match the fender stripe.
http://houseofgrafx.com/products/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=92&products_id=1302

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
beautiful truck bud!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
i like the step bars. i'm going to be buying some since my soon-to-be wife :)D) has to hop a little to get up into the truck.

·
Registered
2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport 4x4
4,225 Posts
Lookin good man! Really like the graphics.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. The graphics follow the lines of the front fender nearly perfectly.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
looking good.......:smileup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts