DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently, I was asked to do a wash/wax and interior clean for my mechanic after he saw mine (which I had just washed, clayed, polished and waxed [RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED ABOUT THAT]).

He'd had a guy come in and say he had a 'little' truck he was wanting to look nice so he could sell it. He didn't want an expensive job, just bare bones, wash and spray wax (Which I like, but damn I wish he would have asked to have it done right~ clay&real wax and all). But that's what the guy wanted.
The thing was supposedly a, as before stated, small truck. It was also supposedly clean.

HA. HA. HA.

After 9 hours--count em--NINE, two bottles of armor-all, a whole bottle of spray wax, four packages of towels, two rolls of paper towel and a sunburn and all the other general goodies, I finally finished the Ford F350 Superduty fully loaded mega cab. "Small Truck." (compared to what, a semi?!)

Oh, and did I mention that this is the guy and truck that caused my first ever 'accident' by running me off the road and breaking my mirror on my '06 Hemi?
:mad:

Anyway. This was the result.
(Right after I took this picture, I spotted some errors with the cleanliness, resulting in another couple hours, but this is all I have photo-wise... :doh: This is why I dislike so many Ford drivers... )

GO DODGE!!

Attachments

Reactions: PaulMys

·
Banned
5,858 Posts
Yeah, that is definitely not a "small" truck. Looks like you did one hell of a job on it though, kiddo. Congratulations on a job well-done!

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Congratulations for doing a good job even though
#1 it is a Ford
#2 the guy caused your accident
#3 you spent HOW long? Damn, I spent 5 hours on my Ram one day and I was out of it!

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Truck looks good---except is still a Furd! I think your mechanic owes you big time.
Jay

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys!

Yeah, that is definitely not a "small" truck. Looks like you did one hell of a job on it though, kiddo. Congratulations on a job well-done!
Hey PaulMys, Thanks! I've definitely never worked on a truck that large before. I had brought my ladder with, because being 5'5", I sometimes need to be creative, :thk: but I wasn't tall enough even with the ladder. Had to borrow this huge ladder from the mechanic. haha

Congratulations for doing a good job even though
#1 it is a Ford
#2 the guy caused your accident
#3 you spent HOW long? Damn, I spent 5 hours on my Ram one day and I was out of it!
Thanks SShadow1974! I wasn't too thrilled to be working on a Ford, but ah well. And yes, 9 hours. I've never spent that long-- solidly-- on a vehicle. (Then again, I'd rather work on my Dodges!) I mean, the hood did come up to about my chin... so there was a lot of surface area that I had to figure out /how/ to reach. :LOL:

Truck looks good---except is still a Furd! I think your mechanic owes you big time.
Jay
Pull Ya, Yeah, Would have been so much better if it was a Dodge, but whatcha gonna do?
As for my mechanic- Supposedly I now have an 'on demand' job with him, and he owes me a use of his lift. Crawling under my truck on a gravel driveway isn't so much fun. But, we'll see!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts