DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some review comments state that the new Patriot Blue is lighter color than the old. I have searched the internet and cannot find an actual picture of a new blue Ram. All I see is media renditions. Has anyone seen one on the lot? If so, could you maybe post a picture of the actual color? Thanks

·
Registered
704 Posts
Here you go...

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
Did anyone look at the front bumper, the tow hooks & the parking sensors on that Blue Ram ??

I just clicked Control and + several times

There are only 4 parking sensors & the 2 center ones are too far apart to sense the center of the bumper :smiledown:
The bumper itself is pre-drilled for the license plate :smileup:

I can't make out if the tow hooks are actually a hook, like on the 2009 - 2018 Ram 1500s, or if they are more like a some closed angled loop of some kind

I do like that Blue color

·
Registered
139 Posts
Patriot blue is not a new color but the revival of a color that Chrysler has used for many years. Google Ram Patriot Blue and you will find many pictures of trucks in that color.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I had 4 vehicles in Patriot blue and always liked that color. Hoping my next truck is that color.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Patriot blue is not a new color but the revival of a color that Chrysler has used for many years. Google Ram Patriot Blue and you will find many pictures of trucks in that color.
Right, I think the question is did they change the color at all while bringing back the name. Sometimes the same color will have different names depending on the brand or year; for example my Ram is "Bright White Clear Coat" but my Durango is "White Knuckle" in color. In reality they are both PW7 so they are the same color (and I only need 1 bottle of touch up paint :smileup:).

The answer will be in the paint code, the Patriot Blue from years prior was PB7. Anyone know the paint codes for the 2019 Rams?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Yeah I saw it in person back in January and 99% sure they changed it for 2019.

Paint code is now PPX

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anyone else have any pictures of a 2019 Patriot Blue Ram in sunshine light. Those auto shows put such a light level on them you can't tell what they actually look like. The picture posted (the first one I have seen) is on a cloudy day and it looks pretty much like the old paint shade to me.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Here you go...

Looks just like the 2001 Dakota I had when it was new (the color, that is). That was "Patriot Blue Pearl Coat"

-K

·
Registered
503 Posts
Did anyone look at the front bumper, the tow hooks & the parking sensors on that Blue Ram ??

I can't make out if the tow hooks are actually a hook, like on the 2009 - 2018 Ram 1500s, or if they are more like a some closed angled loop of some kind

Hmm... They look like a closed loop to me. Unless they've got some sort of protective cover on them like the wheels do?

-K

·
Registered
771 Posts
Anything with the word "Patriot" in it reminds me of Tom Brady and Bill Bellicheck. I'll bet you that RAM dealers in the Pittsburgh area will refuse to carry it, and if they do, I'll organize the boycott!

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Anything with the word "Patriot" in it reminds me of Tom Brady and Bill Bellicheck. I'll bet you that RAM dealers in the Pittsburgh area will refuse to carry it, and if they do, I'll organize the boycott!
I always felt dark blue was too "old mannish" for my tastes, but you just sealed the deal. Can't own this color.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That is sure a different color than my 2000 V10 Patriot Blue 2 toned beast.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a ‘19 in patriot blue. This is my first ram but the dealership had an older model ram there in patriot blue and there is definitely a difference. I would say mine is darker, not quite so ‘neon’, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an 05 patriot blue, and this week I am going to look at a 19 patriot blue. I will try to get a pic of them side by side.

On the internet pic of the truck at the dealer, they look awfully close. But its a cloudy day in the pic.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts