DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nice! That looks really similar to my trailer. What is it, about a 26 footer? Your Ram will have no problems towing your new toy.

Bill

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Very nice.....Let us know how you make out......

·
Registered
337 Posts
Your Ram will pull that like there is not much there. Being under 5k lbs.,tandem axle, your going to love the way your Ram handles the trailer.
Best of road and weather conditions for you on this maiden voyage....

·
Registered
307 Posts
Looks like a great matchup for your truck. Not pushing the outer limits of towing capacity, but big enough that you don't feel like you're roughing it to go camping. I will be watching this thread for updates.

Darin

·
Registered
698 Posts
Your trailer is in the same size and weight category as mine. You'll find your truck to have no issue in towing it. If you don't have a lot of experience in towing a trailer with this truck, don't panic the first time you get out on the highway. I notice the computer takes a few miles to get accustomed to the tow mode/tow haul scenario before the shifting and cruising points settle down. My '12 has 3:55 gearing and has no issue towing my similar travel trailer.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well here is a pic of the trailer and truck, I purchased the weight distribution hitch and the sway bar but i do not have any Air bags or Timbrens and quite frankly im not sure i even need them the truck does not squat much at all and the only bouncing i really get is if i hit a bump or a dip in the road and if it does bounce it not much at all and recovers extremely quickly. I had the factory Brake controller installed and absolutely love the way it shows up in my EVIC as the setting i have it placed on and when you apply the brakes it actually shows you a bar graph of how much power its sending to the trailer brakes.

As for tow mirrors i bought some reese strap on ones, they work really well but i found i did not have to even use them because my regular factory mirrors were more than accurate while driving, backing up was the only time i really lookd into the tow mirrors.

http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n481/mineralram/?action=view&current=IMAG0213-1.jpg

·
Registered
337 Posts
Mineralram :Drive smart and have a blast this weekend with trailer in tow.Keep in mind that there is a trailer behind that ram of your. LOL
Great looking rig Ram & Trailer. Begs for the open road doesn't it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You'll find that with the factory brake controller you won't need the swaybar. The trucks on-board sway control does an excellent job on it's own.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well, how did it pull? I am picking up a new 30' Windjammer next week and was wondering how you did? I am replacing a 20' and a little nervous about the extra length.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I pulled a 30' to Havasu a few weeks ago and my truck didnt even know it was back there. Had a weight distribution hitch, factory trailer brake controller and 3.92s. IT is a ~500 mile one way trip through mountains and rolling hills with twisties and i never once had a problem.

Set the cruise at 60 and go!

OP your truck looks nice hooked up with your trailer behind it

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hey, now that's a sexy look truck you got there. (same as mine, good choice). I plan on getting a trailer like that down the road, good to know it works well with our trucks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am as weel! leaving today to take it down to a seasonal campsite. She is 28ft and approx 6300lbs dry weight. It will be about an hours drive.

photo camp.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts