DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the manual but there is nothing about calibrating the thermometer. Mine reads about 3 degrees cold. Is there any way to calibrate it?

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
If it's only off 3 degrees, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm not aware of any calibration procedure for them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Possibly try unplugging the sensor for about 15 minutes and plugging it back in. Worth a shot, and shouldn't hurt anything. Mine seems quite slow to update the temp after it has sit for awhile (while at work, over night, etc...)

·
Registered
120 Posts
there is a TSB or RRT to make it register correctly, call your dealer and give him your last 8 of your vin and he can look it up.

Vehicle Issue Ambient temperature reading on the EVIS is 10-15 degrees off. There is a active fault of p0071 for Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Performance.
System or Component DTC / Error Message;Group 08 - Electrical;Normal Operating Temperature;Yes - Continuously
Recommendation Recommendation Tech to check the connector at the washer fluid bottle to see if there is washer fluid in that connector, you will need to replace the sensor at the washer fluid bottle. The solvent could be wicking down the wire to the ambient temp sensor ground wire .
Not saying this is it, but it might help

·
Registered
266 Posts
The sensor will always be slow to update after sitting. The vehicle will not update the temperature reading unless the vehicle is moving. The truck will have to be moving over a certain speed even before it thinks about changeing the display. The do this to avoid the sensor picking up engine compartment heat when the truck is not moving.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The sensor will always be slow to update after sitting. The vehicle will not update the temperature reading unless the vehicle is moving. The truck will have to be moving over a certain speed even before it thinks about changeing the display. The do this to avoid the sensor picking up engine compartment heat when the truck is not moving.
That is kind of dumb if you ask me. I have 2001 Grand Cherokee that updates to the current temperature as soon as the key is turned to on. The sensor sits in front of the radiator and I have never seen it raise when it is just sitting while running.

And as for my truck, it will take 10-15 minutes of driving down the road until it updates. Oh well, nothing that big to worry about.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Mine is slow to update as well. I brought it in and they said that since I live less than a mile from my work, that my thermometer will only update if I take a longer drive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It updates fine after a couple miles, but is still off regardless if I have been driving 1 mile or 100

1 - 11 of 11 Posts