DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been on here for more than a year now.
I found this forum after buying my first ever Chrysler ( 2011 Ram ) after having 15 or so vehicles in 35 years.
I haven't posted for a while, but I read this every day.

I was just reflecting how posts have changed over time.
For example: remember how everyone bitched about the fake chrome 20" wheels?
Also, how the UConnect wouldn't work with new IPod.
Gas pedal vibration?
Nothing much on these topics for a while.

I guess we have learned to accept these minor details and moved on to enjoy our great Rams.

I think that's a good thing.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I've only been here since August and can remember the bitching threads lol. They seem to come
And go fallowing new model year changes. Can't wait to hear the gripes with all the new 2013 changes

·
Registered
2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport 4x4
4,226 Posts
I've only been here since August and can remember the bitching threads lol. They seem to come
And go fallowing new model year changes. Can't wait to hear the gripes with all the new 2013 changes
They will be coming, very soon hahah.

·
Registered
801 Posts
The thing is that Uconnect does work correctly with tested devices at the time of writing the SW for the system and the SW that is in the device at the time of testing. The problem comes from the device companies (Apple, Samsung, LG, Motorola etc) that make changes to the tested & approved devices and now they aren't compatible. Bluetooth is a loosely regulated specification and companies try to add their little twist to their devices. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Like they say, "there's more than 1 way to do something". Are all the ways correct? Probably not. Will they all work, maybe, maybe not.
The device companies need to work closer with the car kit suppliers especially when they have made changes to insure that the change is still going to work.

I have been on here for more than a year now.
I found this forum after buying my first ever Chrysler ( 2011 Ram ) after having 15 or so vehicles in 35 years.
I haven't posted for a while, but I read this every day.

I was just reflecting how posts have changed over time.
For example: remember how everyone bitched about the fake chrome 20" wheels?
Also, how the UConnect wouldn't work with new IPod.
Gas pedal vibration?
Nothing much on these topics for a while.

I guess we have learned to accept these minor details and moved on to enjoy our great Rams.

I think that's a good thing.

·
Registered
15,702 Posts
the guys that bitched about the minor things have either traded to something else or have moved on, leaving the rest of us who are happy with our trucks. seems to me , with a few exceptions, most of the angry posters have a poor dealership experience.

·
Registered
754 Posts
10/4 to all of the above.. I actually liked the crome clad on my 08.. I could not afford two sets of wheels for my truck and I shudder to think what a maintence nightmire real crome would have been with the amount of salt that got dumped on our roads the winter of 09/10. We still have the CC on the wifes Charger but she does have winter tires and wheels so hers look as good as they did the day we took it home. as or the other crying that went on.. I can look out my office window and see my 97 Ram one of my Warehouse guys is still driving and it looks good to this day. MOPAR or no Car.

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
OR--heaven forbid--they couldn't get a decent answer to their question or concern without taking a bunch of bullshit and they moved on to a different site that they could get an answer or some help for their problem.
Jay

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
everything eventually comes full circle... there will always be someone bitching about something... that is just life

Exco

·
Registered
140 Posts
I wish I had a 2008 to complain about I am stuck with a 2000 and it is never going anywhere as long as I have a pulse.

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
I agree--bitch'n just to hear yourself talk is a waste of time. When your truely having a problem and asking for a solution or help is when I think people should take the time to help out---and sometimes that just doesn't happen
Jay

·
Registered
55 Posts
Where I live there's like 8-9 Dodge dealers within 100km of my place so if I don't like one dealer I can always go see another one :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I agree--bitch'n just to hear yourself talk is a waste of time. When your truely having a problem and asking for a solution or help is when I think people should take the time to help out---and sometimes that just doesn't happen
Jay
This place is downright friendly compared to the Sea Ray forum I belong to!

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Can you imagine being an automotive engineer or designer trying to please everybody? Ain't gonna happen.
Didn't someone once say that you can please some of the people all of the time, but you can please all of the people none of the time?

Exco

·
Registered
78 Posts
Didn't someone once say that you can please some of the people all of the time, but you can please all of the people none of the time?

Exco
I think it was "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't pe
please all of the people all of the time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts