DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm totally content with my 2014 Express. HOWEVER, it was purchased as an internet deal for $28K when I got it in 2013. From the reviews and pricing I had researched that was about $4,000 off MSRP, +rebates, +military rebates. I got it for around $26,000 + tax leaving me at $32,000. I am sitting at $21,000 roughly owed on it right now, after 3 years of having her. After a child, and just noticing things here and there that I'd like different, I want to upgrade to a crew cab w/ the full center console and at minimum a back-up camera. Still wanting 4x4, the 5.7 HEMI, and the bed length is debatable for me.

What I'm curious about is, how would you base your pricing for trade value? Last offer I got in March/April was $12,000 and I almost told the guy to f*ck off on the spot. KBB puts it at $18,000 in FAIR condition, ranging up to about the $22,000 range. Mileage at almost at 48,000.

Just a general inquiry as to what you would do.

I know I can mod the inside to what I'd like, but I would like the heated steering wheel & seats, center console not a jump seat, electric chair for more driving comfort overall, back up cam, and more distance between the back seats and the front.

·
Super Moderator
34,705 Posts
I'd make sure to get something with the 44-45 transfer case that your Express has like an Outdoorsman. I can't really speak to trade values as I have only ever sold privately after being offered laughable sums at my wife's 185,000 mile Elantra after getting her Durango.

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts
You might get a better trade in price if you take the ferry down to Seattle or Portland & drive over to Idaho to Dennis Dillion Dodge
http://www.dennisdillonchryslerjeepdodge.com/

of course contact them first
Make a vacation out of it

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd make sure to get something with the 44-45 transfer case that your Express has like an Outdoorsman. I can't really speak to trade values as I have only ever sold privately after being offered laughable sums at my wife's 185,000 mile Elantra after getting her Durango.

I wish my wife would be down to trade her Elantra for a Durango lol. The new ones are soooo nice. Just like Colt.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might get a better trade in price if you take the ferry down to Seattle or Portland & drive over to Idaho to Dennis Dillion Dodge
http://www.dennisdillonchryslerjeepdodge.com/

of course contact them first
Make a vacation out of it

Lol could hit Yellowstone while I'm there cause I haven't been there since I was a kid.

I haven't checked the dealership here in AK yet, the only time I did was in Tacoma, WA

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the third time I've had this debate with myself. I'm probably going to just roll with mine. I'm satisfied with what I have, it performs well, and the other things are just amenities I really want...

·
Super Moderator
34,705 Posts
I wish my wife would be down to trade her Elantra for a Durango lol. The new ones are soooo nice. Just like Colt.
Thanks!

She wanted to look at some others (specifically the 4Runner, and Tahoe), I offered to take her to look at competing SUVs, but said she wouldn't find anything as well equipped or that she liked as much within our price range. I also told her that she could get whatever she wanted but if it wasn't a Mopar I wasn't putting any money towards it; 4 Runners/Tahoes are retarded expensive. Seriously you can get a well-equipped Durango R/T for the price of a base model Tahoe with zero options.

She actually wanted a Grand Cherokee before I even met her, but we needed 3 rows so once I explained that they are both based on the Mercedes-Benz GLE and she drove one she was pretty much sold. She actually liked the interior of the Durango more too, for some reason it felt wider than the GC inside. Its kind of funny because one of her best friends really wanted a Durango but got a GC about a year and a half earlier because she didn't like the extra length when she drove it.

My parents tried to convince her on a minivan, but she wasn't having it and I had her back because TBH FWD sucks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!

She wanted to look at some others...

Man see, mine doesn't want an SUV. She's happy with her little Elantra, and can barely drive my truck. It sucks. Usually if she'd DD for me I'd be laughing hysterically at her trying to navigate through a neighborhood. Parking was a nightmare to watch too. If I could get her into at least a different model (the '17's are pretty nice and base model is way more equipped) then I'd be content.

NO MINI VANS

·
Super Moderator
34,705 Posts
Man see, mine doesn't want an SUV. She's happy with her little Elantra, and can barely drive my truck. It sucks. Usually if she'd DD for me I'd be laughing hysterically at her trying to navigate through a neighborhood. Parking was a nightmare to watch too. If I could get her into at least a different model (the '17's are pretty nice and base model is way more equipped) then I'd be content.

NO MINI VANS
I taught mine to drive the truck because she always wanted to but I wouldn't let her until she corrected some of her bad habits. I didn't actually let her drive it until we had been engaged for 3 months which was a couple years after we started dating; I bought the truck a couple months before we met. One of the fastest ways to kill a vehicle is to let it sit so I made sure she would be prepared to drive it at least 3X/week while I was deployed. My mom only drove our 1992 Plymouth Grand Voyager once a week or less while dad was deployed when i was a kid because she wanted to drive his (newer) car, and it was only then, after 275,000+ miles that the original transmission started slowing down.

Driving the truck around prepared her for driving the Durango, she handles it like a pro; though it was quite a jump from the Elantra to the truck (stress pulling out on turns so she doesn't curb strike the back wheels).

My wife actually wanted a Charger after she test drove the GC and I got her to let me test drive one just for fun, but again we needed 3 rows. If you ever have a minivan it may change your mind, few vehicles are as useful and convenient. I get the image thing, but my dad always says "its not the man who has a problem buying a minivan, its the woman who can't see the practicality because the image bothers her so much."

I usually end up DDing for my wife :LOL:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts