DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have any of you guys had a problem with your third brake light not working? I changed my tail lights and third brake light to led. I have a cargo light but not 3rd brake light. Any one have any ideas about what might be a problem?

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
Could be a defective brake lamp switch. Have you checked for power and a ground at the bulb socket?

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Check Fuse #24 (15A). If not that, and the old lamp doesn't work either.....I'm with Randy on the switch. :smileup:

·
Registered
589 Posts
wow thanks brad worked for me fuse is # 24 marked chmls or something dumb was trying to figure out my problem for a month

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Yep. CHMSL, stands for Center High Mount Stop Light.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread but WOW you saved me a ton of time! #24 Mini Fused brought my 3rd Brake light back to life!

Thanks!!!

Fredzep
2003 Dodge RAM 4X4 HEMI

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks all I had the same problem with 3rd brake light and just got on here and found that I had same problem as some else with fuse Blown fuse #24

·
Registered
376 Posts
I know that this thread (even with relatively recent replies) would be considered "old" on many other forums but any more, that doesn't seem to be the case on this forum ?.

So, I'm glad that the OP's problem, as well as that of several others, was solved. My question would be why would a fused circuit powering a single bulb "blow" in the first place? I'd have to suspect that the conversion to LEDs might have something to do with it.

It would be interesting to know if this has continued to be an issue for those with this problem and since they now know how to fix it, just haven't been posting on the issue. Just wondering?
RipVan

·
Registered
589 Posts
this same circuit typically also runs power to brake controller on 3rd gen and possibly other gens

1 - 9 of 9 Posts