DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just on Ramtrucks.com and was looking at the max towing of some of the trucks with different options. I find it very weird that a Crew Cab ram 4x4 has 1500lbs LESS towing capacity with 3.92's I would of thought it would have been the opposite with less gear not being able to tow as much.

Anyone else have anything else to add to this?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think he is referring to the lower gear ratio

·
Registered
698 Posts
I think I get what ohcnda's question was...1500 pounds less towing capacity "compared" to what? The same truck with 3:55 gears?...or another gear ratio? Maybe just need to clarify what the comparison refers to specifically. My guess outside the box here would be that this crewcab 4X4 is a very heavy example. Perhaps somehow the OP observed some numbers of something like a 2WD pickup with a much lower weight...which would change the overall towing number a noticeable amount...or maybe it was a misprint.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok guys sorry if I was a little vague with the statement/question. I just had back surgery and the pills are kicking my butt lol.

ok comparing a 2012 crew cab 4x4 with 3.55 gears and 3.92 gears the truck with the higher gears (3.55's) can tow 1500lbs MORE than a truck equiped with (3.92's) Just makes little to no sense.

http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/towing_guide/?section=light

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Umm, I think the pills might be doing more damage that good at this point :gy:

Looking at the site, all of the 5.7L VVT with 3.55 crew cabs I clicked on had a capacity of 8,500lbs and the 3.92 equipped could haul 10,000lbs. So what's the issue? The higher gear ratio allows for more low-end dig and will thus move a higher weight compared to the shorter gear set.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Umm, I think the pills might be doing more damage that good at this point :gy:

Looking at the site, all of the 5.7L VVT with 3.55 crew cabs I clicked on had a capacity of 8,500lbs and the 3.92 equipped could haul 10,000lbs. So what's the issue? The higher gear ratio allows for more low-end dig and will thus move a higher weight compared to the shorter gear set.
You may be right with the pills. What I think happend was that my computer started to freeze on me so when I was clicking the boxes for different gear ratios I thought the sollid black was the one I had checked. Turns out that its the other way around.

Man I sure wouldnt make a very good drug addict. I dont know how some people think it's cool to feel "high" like this:4-dontknow::eek:

·
Registered
15,702 Posts
You may be right with the pills. What I think happend was that my computer started to freeze on me so when I was clicking the boxes for different gear ratios I thought the sollid black was the one I had checked. Turns out that its the other way around.

Man I sure wouldnt make a very good drug addict. I dont know how some people think it's cool to feel "high" like this:4-dontknow::eek:
yeahhhhh, thats it, must have been the computers fault, not the pills. lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Call the GEEK Squad right now !! hope ypou fell better.. no wait maybe you don't want to take any more pills.. you might buy a Chevy !!!

No Chevy's or Fords will be in my stable. It will be a cold day in you know where before that happens.

This was my second surgery in a month. My first one had some issues and so they had to go back in and fix a few things.

I did however buy my truck while sitting at home waiting for my first one to heal. I traded m '11 charger RT in on it. :hah:

The only other truck I'd love to have is the powerwagon, my fiance would kill me though. :box:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts