DODGE RAM FORUM banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
'18 RAM 3500 4WD Tradesman 6.4
1,227 Posts
We are not talking about facts- Scientists already fooled the world with the fake Dinosaur- theory and everyone knows, that the birds are government drones wo spy on us. The lockdown in name of Covid was just a scam to be able for the government to replace the batteries in the birds.
Indeed.
I, for one, am finding an enormous sense of relief now that I'm fully vaccinated and Bill Gates can monitor my every move.
It's comforting to know that if I run into danger that Bill will be able to intervene on my behalf almost instantly.
Also, I'm now fully magnetic, although I'll admit that has some disadvantages. It's a bit annoying to spend time looking for where I parked my truck only to find it was stuck on my forehead the whole time.

·
Super Moderator
909 Posts
I see this thread moving due to the political thoughts coming in, it'll end up in the premium section..............

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
I see this thread moving due to the political thoughts coming in, it'll end up in the premium section..............
The whole electric vehicle discussion is political, as it's pushed by politics- if politics would not push it, it would be simply just be an alternative addition to existing mobility devises.

·
Super Moderator
909 Posts
The whole electric vehicle discussion is political, as it's pushed by politics- if politics would not push it, it would be simply just be an alternative addition to existing mobility devises.
Yep, it may be political but it can be discussed without dragging current politics into it.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Yep, it may be political but it can be discussed without dragging current politics into it.
And how would you prevent that, as the current administration is the one pushing it?
As I said before- I don't believe electric vehicles are a bad thing and would be a great addition in areas where it would make sense to have one- or at least as a second "runaround" vehicle for short trips. But to push it as the holy grale of global warming and saying (AOC) that we're all dead in 12 years (I guess now 10), if we don't go full electric within 1 year- is absolutely lunatic. So how do you want to keep politics out of this discussion?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
The EV market will remain a very small portion of the vehicles sold for the next couple of decades until the next generation of battery is developed and being manufactured in large quantities. Lithium batteries made it possible to get the EV market started but they are not the future regardless of the politics involved.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
The EV market will remain a very small portion of the vehicles sold for the next couple of decades until the next generation of battery is developed and being manufactured in large quantities. Lithium batteries made it possible to get the EV market started but they are not the future regardless of the politics involved.
I always enjoy your answers, as you are able to write with short words, what I'm incapable of. I have too much in my brain for that.
But this is exactly, what the current politic don't understand- it's not that everyone hates electric vehicles- but that there is currently no feasible alternative to IC engines.
But also- there are alternative fuels, which are proven reliable and already in use, but also, politics blocks what needed to be done to help those alternative fuels to be a real aspect- where I talk about NG/CNG/LPG, which is already a big deal and real alternative in other countries, such as europe and also used in every oil field for work vehicles and in almost every warehouse in this world in fork lifts. The conversion does not cost much and promoted, it could reduce the emissions within 5 years to 10 % of what it is today- provenly. But allowing this for the general individual vehicles with supply through regular gas stations would undermine the hardliner- goal, to eliminate the combustion engine and break the power of the oil industry.

·
Super Moderator
909 Posts
And how would you prevent that, as the current administration is the one pushing it?
As I said before- I don't believe electric vehicles are a bad thing and would be a great addition in areas where it would make sense to have one- or at least as a second "runaround" vehicle for short trips. But to push it as the holy grale of global warming and saying (AOC) that we're all dead in 12 years (I guess now 10), if we don't go full electric within 1 year- is absolutely lunatic. So how do you want to keep politics out of this discussion?
Discuss the details, pros/cons of the science. Quit bringing the political part of it in. Politics brings out the worst in people and it almost always ends up in an argument. But we do have a political section in the premium area (where this thread will probably end up if the political talk keeps on) where you can talk politics as long as everyone stays civil.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well OK, but nuclear power, at least nuclear fission power, is off the table for what are, ultimately, the overwhelming economic and safety reasons already discussed.
So it's not coming back no matter how strongly you support it.

Those plants still in operation are getting older and older and thus less and less reliable and more and more potentially dangerous. Decommissioning them safely, and sequestering the waste, is going to be staggeringly expensive, but nowhere near as expensive as doing nothing and ending up with an inevitable catastrophe.
Because make no mistake, that's absolutely where doing nothing will take us.
Those plants cannot be expected to run forever. No matter how much ongoing maintenance is undertaken, eventually all human-built devices wear out and cannot be repaired or maintained any further.

New nuclear plants are not happening and will not happen.
Existing nuclear plants are increasingly liabilities not assets.

This "hangover" is one of the many difficult inheritances we will leave our children, and the fact that you and many others choose not to believe any of it doesn't change that reality one tiny bit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I always enjoy your answers, as you are able to write with short words, what I'm incapable of. I have too much in my brain for that.
But this is exactly, what the current politic don't understand- it's not that everyone hates electric vehicles- but that there is currently no feasible alternative to IC engines.
But also- there are alternative fuels, which are proven reliable and already in use, but also, politics blocks what needed to be done to help those alternative fuels to be a real aspect- where I talk about NG/CNG/LPG, which is already a big deal and real alternative in other countries, such as europe and also used in every oil field for work vehicles and in almost every warehouse in this world in fork lifts. The conversion does not cost much and promoted, it could reduce the emissions within 5 years to 10 % of what it is today- provenly. But allowing this for the general individual vehicles with supply through regular gas stations would undermine the hardliner- goal, to eliminate the combustion engine and break the power of the oil industry.
Here in Georgia were have two more Nuclear Towers coming on line in the near future. Over 6,000 employees have worked through the COVID period and are very near completion. Plant Vogel in southern Georgia. We also have power generated by water at Clarks Hill Lake which furnishes power to the Southern States. Solar energy sites are being built through out the State. No Wind Turbines as yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do wind turbines kill birds?
Yes.
Do they kill birds on a scale that is so significant that there is a danger of unbalancing bird populations?
No. And to get a sense of scale, domestic cats kill many thousands of times more birds just in the US than all the wind turbines in the entire world.

It's not the one thing- it's that we additionally put something up causing death.

Do some birds, often water birds, mistake a field of solar panels for surface water and try to land on it?
Yes, sometimes.
Just like birds occasionally mistake the reflection of the sky in our house windows for the actual sky and fly full throttle into them.
We find probably a dozen or so dead birds annually (we have big south-facing wiindows for solar gain). Urban skyscrapers kill thousands of birds for the same reason.
Again, scale matters, and scale is not something that matters much to the people who pay to put out pseudo-scientific stories with hysterical headlines about how "Wind Turbines and Solar Panels are Killing All the Birds".
They're not, nor do alternative energy sources kill nearly as much wildlife as the fossil fuels extraction and distribution industry.

Same here- we additionally putting something up, adding to the dangers already there. with questionable success.

That's a design feature. It allows a certain percentage of turbines to be offline without reducing overall output to the distribution grid. Without that redundancy it would not be possible to predict available output. All power generation systems, including coal, gas and nuclear, have built-in redundancy for that reason, and the distribution networks from power plants of all kinds are often sized in such a way that they will accommodate downstream demand but not full-throttle generation capacity.
That this feature would be misrepresented to serve as an argument against wind power is absurd, but some publications and "news" outlets are doing it, and lots of people end up believing it.

In Germany, they ordered thousands of Windturbines at Siemens. They now found out, after they built some thousands, that the energy cannot be transported to the industry- areas, where it's actually needed. Also, the power output lacks far behind of the expected- besides they found out, that some nature-protected areas, where they put those turbines, look like crap and people don't go there anymore to visit because of it. So the German government went to Siemens and wanted to cancel the contract, not building new turbines- Siemens laughed at them and said- you ordered, and you get it. and the taxpayer has to pay for it. With other words, they will build thousands of more completely useless turbines and put them into the nice landscape, just because. And the greenhouse party- who initiated it, is now turning around and blaming all others for it. At the same time, they shut all Nuclear Power Plants down and built Gas-powered Plants. Unfortunately, they have no gas for the gas powered plants and have to buy it- from Russia. That's where the Nordstrom Pipeline comes in, as the existing pipelines from Russia cannot supply the demand and Germany refuses to buy the gas from somewhere else for some stupid reasons and because of sanctions of the countries capable of delivering.
With this, the carbon footprint went sky high, while everywhere else it went down. Germany is now so energy dependent like never before, Power comes mainly from nuclear plants at the border all around, which were specifically built there, to be able to sell power to Germany- France, Swiss, Austria, Slovakia, Poland, even Netherlands operating nuclear power plants near the border and selling power. With other words, The German Greenhouse idea is built on dependence of others- and the more they force it, the more they depend on world wide politics. If Russia is ever under sanctions and they can't sell oil and gas, like Iran, then the lights go out in good old Germany. The problem is not the technology- the problem is- and there we're at the last point- Walldorf- school graduates, with A+ in dancing and clapping their names in the snow are in charged and have no idea, what they're talking about.

LOL
Right, because the only people who are advocating for alternative energy, including wind and solar, are politicians who for some reason trigger your hostility.
For heaven's sake, the push for alternative energy has been advancing steadily since before the young progressive political flamethrowers who are living rent-free in your head were even born, and that push has been coming from science and economics, with most of the opposition coming from politics anyway.

And I hated it every since it came up in the 70's. I'm pro nuclear power and absolutely anti landscape-raid.
I would really like to see a link to the story about Germany and Siemans.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Someone already mentioned and posted the comparison table, it's all about BTU. Diesel is the most energy dense fuel, followed by the gasonile and everything else falling way behind. Can't speak for Europe but I don't think they broke the laws of physics - converted vehicles in canada run at reduced power and have miserable range, unless they could flip a switch back and run on their original fuel.
As for oilfield - I've never seen a NG/CNG/LPG vehicle on oilfields in Canada (they are banned from underground and otherwise enclosed parking spaces though). In Australia the only vehicles allowed to enter the oilfield site are diesels.
Just like EV, NG/CNG/LPG are a nice option to have but not a viable replacement for gasoline/diesel.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
I would really like to see a link to the story about Germany and Siemans.
Couldn't find the exact article- but that's one of the many I read. But I keep searching. If you read, you will see, why the wind mill manufacturers Sue for fulfillment of contracts.

Here another report:

And here in the US, they start doing the same thing- building without thinking and when they realize, that it ain't working, how they thought it would, they will kill themselves and the economy over it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Indeed.
I, for one, am finding an enormous sense of relief now that I'm fully vaccinated and Bill Gates can monitor my every move.
It's comforting to know that if I run into danger that Bill will be able to intervene on my behalf almost instantly.
Also, I'm now fully magnetic, although I'll admit that has some disadvantages. It's a bit annoying to spend time looking for where I parked my truck only to find it was stuck on my forehead the whole time.
Now that was funny!

Speaking of funny, I wonder if that guy ever got his trailer brakes working....lol

81 - 94 of 94 Posts