DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
I haven't heard of them but they look similar to the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 2's.

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
The brand is decent
are you planning on getting them in the LT ( Light Truck ) or P ( Passenger )
the reason i ask is because the P type has a 2 ply sidewall, the LT has a 3 ply sidewall

I personally like more plies on the sidewall, after all trucks go places off pavement that cars & vans don't

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I don't have any experience with Falken but they have a reputation as a good mid-level tire. Yes, they might be a little louder and you might get a few less miles than a top-level tire but that's a really good price on a 20" truck tire. It's a good looking tire too and it got great reviews on the retail site. Unless you want to spend $225-250+ per tire on a top-level tire I would say go for it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have any experience with Falken but they have a reputation as a good mid-level tire. Yes, they might be a little louder and you might get a few less miles than a top-level tire but that's a really good price on a 20" truck tire. It's a good looking tire too and it got great reviews on the retail site. Unless you want to spend $225-250+ per tire on a top-level tire I would say go for it.

I was thinking this exact same thing. Thanks!

Thanks for everyone's input and information.

·
Registered
355 Posts
They are a decent tire, you will get middle of the road wear and where you are from you don't (usually) have to worry about snow or ice, so the harder tread compound won't do you a disservice. Then again, ANYTHING is better than the SRA's that come on the 17" wheel trucks...

·
Banned
885 Posts
I have these tires, and so far I love em. Put about 4,000 miles on them and had no problems. I do alot of highway driving on my way to college and I find these tires to be extremely quiet, even at 85 mph. I tend to play my music pretty load though but never the less never been annoyed by road noise. As for grip havnt done anything hard core but have not had them slip out from under me but two times. First time was after washing my car, the slick soap made the tires spin but that quickly regained grip. Second time I tried to fishtail purposely and got a nice one cuz it had rained but they again regripped quickly. I find the tire to be very grippy and hard to spin at all unless it has rained heavy and im trying to spin them purposely. I really dont have a bad thing to say about the tire, not to mention I got the set for 600 bucks, and they came with a 50,000 mile warranty. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
73 Posts
That is a cheap price! I have them on my wifes trailblazer and they are alittle louder then my cooper discoverer at3's. They do seem like a harder compound. But not a bad tire.
I got these for 861 shipped and cooper had a $75 buck rebate at the time. If i needed tires for the TB id go with the coppers next, i just like em better, plus the treads are deeper!

http://tirecrawler.com/shop/detail_tire.php?product_id=10756

1 - 14 of 14 Posts