DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is three inches too much for the stock upper control arms on a 2019 1500 Classic 4x4? I know they should be replaced anyway, and they will. What I'm wondering about though is the time frame? I don't off road much, and when I do I don't treat it like a rock bouncer or anything

·
8,070 Posts
I wouldn't recommend pushing the stock upper control arms to 3". It's very likely that the ball joints would pop out immediately at that height.

Based on the "kit" being 3" I'd assume you're looking at some sort of strut spacer kit? If that's the case, I'd recommend staying clear of that and looking at an alternative such as Bilstein 5100's or another type of strut or coilover lift. More information on that in the Guide to Leveling linked in my signature.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is three inches too much for the stock upper control arms on a 2019 1500 Classic 4x4? I know they should be replaced anyway, and they will. What I'm wondering about though is the time frame? I don't off road much, and when I do I don't treat it like a rock bouncer or anything
i have two with out issues 2014 and 2019 Laramie’s with 35/11.5/20 Nitto on stock rims and 3” spacers.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I've ordered new UCA's designed for a 3" lift now. They'll be here next week. Yes, I'm suing the spacers. Why do people say not to use them? I've used them before. Never had an issue. The truck rode just like it did stock. My buddy had them on his truck. Same deal. Rode like stock
I wouldn't recommend pushing the stock upper control arms to 3". It's very likely that the ball joints would pop out immediately at that height.

Based on the "kit" being 3" I'd assume you're looking at some sort of strut spacer kit? If that's the case, I'd recommend staying clear of that and looking at an alternative such as Bilstein 5100's or another type of strut or coilover lift. More information on that in the Guide to Leveling linked in my signature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts