DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 05 1500 4 door. Three of my stock door speakers stopped working. (left front and both in the back.) Why is this? If I blew them wouldn't they still play? Or did a wire just come loose somewhere. PS. My subs that were hooked up also stopped working. Any input anyone?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I agree, Is this an aftermarket stereo? If so take it out get a 12v batterry and test the speaker wires. If you don't know how to do this let me know and I will tell you how.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, Is this an aftermarket stereo? If so take it out get a 12v batterry and test the speaker wires. If you don't know how to do this let me know and I will tell you how.
I used to have a Jensen In Dash Screen. I have had the stock radio back in it for about 6-8 months. I've got aftermarket radios laying around. I was thinking about just ripping apart the whole inside installing the new radio, and running new wires to all the speakers. Would that be necessary or should I just find the short. How do you test the wire?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I used to have a Jensen In Dash Screen. I have had the stock radio back in it for about 6-8 months. I've got aftermarket radios laying around. I was thinking about just ripping apart the whole inside installing the new radio, and running new wires to all the speakers. Would that be necessary or should I just find the short. How do you test the wire?
I really doubt that its the wires, Let me get this straight.... you have a stock radio with an aftermarket amp, right? You said 3 speakers and your amp cut off? Where is the remote wire for your amp running to? The easiest way to check the speakers is get a 12volt battery I.E cordless drill battery touch the negative speaker wire (usually has a black stripe) to the neg. side of the battery and hold it then with the positive speaker wire tap really fast to the battery, the speaker should make a small popping sound. If it does on all your speakers then there is no wire problem or speaker problem. Did you have this problem with the Jensen radio? I'm betting on the radio being the problem. Now, the amp not working, I believe is a seperate problem, we will get to that after we work trough the first problem. If you need to PM me and I'll give you my phone number and we can figure it out tomorrow or when you have time. But for now I'm off to bed..... Hope this helps.
Chris

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
I use a 9 volt battery to do the same thing and they're easier to get if you dont have a cordless too battery handy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts