DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an android app for my phone called torque. It's a program that monitors your vehicles real time information and can be used as a diagnostic tool thru the OBD port via bluetooth.

The program is saying that when my Hemi is at idle the throttle body position is at 12% and at WOT it's at 86.7%. I would assume 100% at WOT. Do you think think the throttle body is at 86% as claimed by the diagnostic tool? I'm curious if there is a way to relearn the throttle body position? Vehicle is 100% stock.

The other curious thing I see is the air intake temperature is usually +4 to +7degrees Fehrenheit warmer than what the outside temperature reads on my EVIC. I wonder if a cold air intake would bring the temperature delta closer to zero?

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
If you're only 4-7 degrees higher then you're well within acceptable range. Unless you get a true cold air intake that takes air from completely outside of the engine bay you may potentially see higher IATs using most commercial CAIs.

as for the TB blade position, have you pulled the battery cable and let the computer reset? You may need to reset the adaptive learning and then see how it functions, also I'd recommend getting a proper diagnostic tool rather than a phone app that's not properly calibrated to your vehicle.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
FYI with fly by wire the TB does not open all the way. I don't know if there's a way to change this...

As for the intake, just like ^ he said, the temps your are at are really pretty good. My IAT sometimes gets up to as much as like 30 deg higher than outside temp when sitting still for awhile.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Your throttle body reading is in degrees angle, not percentage. 90 is wide open. 91 will throw a code if you modify the throttle body to open that far.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as for the TB blade position, have you pulled the battery cable and let the computer reset? You may need to reset the adaptive learning and then see how it functions, also I'd recommend getting a proper diagnostic tool rather than a phone app that's not properly calibrated to your vehicle.
I have not tried to pull the battery cable. The phone diagnostic tool is for pleasure. It's more of a "hey check out the cool things I can view" I figured the phone app has the error, but maybe not?

FrostKing said:
Your throttle body reading is in degrees angle, not percentage. 90 is wide open. 91 will throw a code if you modify the throttle body to open that far.
The app is showing a percentage sign, not a degree sign. If it's 86 degrees of angle, your statement would make since, but it's says 86% open (or 77 degrees of angle)

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have not tried to pull the battery cable. The phone diagnostic tool is for pleasure. It's more of a "hey check out the cool things I can view" I figured the phone app has the error, but maybe not?

The app is showing a percentage sign, not a degree sign. If it's 86 degrees of angle, your statement would make since, but it's says 86% open (or 77 degrees of angle)
I'm not sure if the new Ram is the same as Gen4 Viper but this throttle calib. works for my 08 Viper. Try this but don't use the spacer.
Gen4 throttle lag mod

I tried a differiant approach to improving the throttle response of my 08 Viper.
I did the standard throttle calibration steps but added a 3/4" wood spacer behind the accelerator pedal.
It appears this change has made a significant improvement!

I'm looking for other Gen 4 owners try this so I know it's not just my imagination.

calib.steps below:

1. Insert key in ignition , turn key to the far right but don't start the car.
2. Depress accelerater quickly to the floor with the 3/4" spacer behind it. (hold it there)
3. Turn the ignition switch to off, then release the gas pedal, remove the spacer. (done)
Start and drive as normal.

·
Registered
257 Posts
^what's that do, recalibrate the TPS?

Also, is there really a such thing as "lag" with a viper? lol
Yes....thats the steps for throttle recalibration.

Yes..... there is a throttle lag on the 08-10 Viper. The partial fix is buying a Mopar ECM for "off road use only".

The throttle response on my Ram is better than the Viper.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Yes....thats the steps for throttle recalibration.

Yes..... there is a throttle lag on the 08-10 Viper. The partial fix is buying a Mopar ECM for "off road use only".

The throttle response on my Ram is better than the Viper.
A off road ecm for a off road viper,... humm interesting..lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.