DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
257 Posts
I have not tried to pull the battery cable. The phone diagnostic tool is for pleasure. It's more of a "hey check out the cool things I can view" I figured the phone app has the error, but maybe not?

The app is showing a percentage sign, not a degree sign. If it's 86 degrees of angle, your statement would make since, but it's says 86% open (or 77 degrees of angle)
I'm not sure if the new Ram is the same as Gen4 Viper but this throttle calib. works for my 08 Viper. Try this but don't use the spacer.
Gen4 throttle lag mod

I tried a differiant approach to improving the throttle response of my 08 Viper.
I did the standard throttle calibration steps but added a 3/4" wood spacer behind the accelerator pedal.
It appears this change has made a significant improvement!

I'm looking for other Gen 4 owners try this so I know it's not just my imagination.

calib.steps below:

1. Insert key in ignition , turn key to the far right but don't start the car.
2. Depress accelerater quickly to the floor with the 3/4" spacer behind it. (hold it there)
3. Turn the ignition switch to off, then release the gas pedal, remove the spacer. (done)
Start and drive as normal.

· Registered
257 Posts
^what's that do, recalibrate the TPS?

Also, is there really a such thing as "lag" with a viper? lol
Yes....thats the steps for throttle recalibration.

Yes..... there is a throttle lag on the 08-10 Viper. The partial fix is buying a Mopar ECM for "off road use only".

The throttle response on my Ram is better than the Viper.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.