DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Id have searched but that feature isnt working. I kno they dont give you much gain in power but im looking for the whistle.

Which one whistles loudest anyone know?? Lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know it is random and odd to ask that but i was curious and i was about to order a CAI and thought why not do that too. Do the intake and exhaust waiting for diablo to finally let go their tuner

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
It is entierly your personal choice, but almost anyone with sense of purpose will tell you to stay away from them because the performance gains are nil and they are a holdover from the carbeurated crowd when they actually had a practical purpose. But if you must spend the $100 and can't find anything better, then as I said, it's your choice.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was curious on the gains and such...I have the airraid cia and autoanything says you cant have the spacer with this intake? is this true does it not fit with the stock hood or something

·
Registered
248 Posts
I was curious on the gains and such...I have the airraid cia and autoanything says you cant have the spacer with this intake? is this true does it not fit with the stock hood or something
Not true. I have the Airaid CAI and TBS and there were no fitment or operating issues. I have a good 10,000 miles with both installed and never had any problems. Gains will be very very small. I would guess that it's maybe in the 2 to 4 HP gain, but without DYNO results it's hard to really say. It did feel like the throttle response was increase slightly though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not true. I have the Airaid CAI and TBS and there were no fitment or operating issues. I have a good 10,000 miles with both installed and never had any problems. Gains will be very very small. I would guess that it's maybe in the 2 to 4 HP gain, but without DYNO results it's hard to really say. It did feel like the throttle response was increase slightly though.

Thank you very much for the response..I was curious why a manufacturer would make something that you need to buy a different body compenent too

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just curious and yes i like the whistle when the throttle opens.... Kinda reminds me of my cummins lol. Nahh but really trying to squeeze out w.e i can untill im able to purchase a damn tuner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts