DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2010 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi and i was thinking about getting a throttle body spacer and a few bolt on's to improve performances what would be the best bang for the buck

·
Registered
257 Posts
Snakeoil! They are good for a paper weight I hear.

Buying a tuner is the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Been there tried that...Only because I got it for free. It made zero difference in both gas mileage and performance. Get a tuner, or a free flowing exhaust. The only benefit is that I took the time to clean the throttle body while I was there. Save your money.

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Aside from everyone saying they are worthless, I'll give you some reasons. A throttle body spacer was originally designed to help mix the air and fuel in a carbeurated engine. In our injected engines they have no real use. One common argument and a common selling feature is that they 'swirl' the air before it enters the intake manifold, well, that also slows down the air velocity by creating a turbulent air mass in the throttlebody's constriction point. Ideally, our keg-style intakes need higher velocity into them to make their best power, so slowing this down with a tbs makes no sense. You are basically looking at a piece of equipment that is a hold over from old technology, but because it's been around fire so long everybody thinks it's a good upgrade.

The only good tbs is one that is tapped for nitrous.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts