DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do TB spacers work? Are they worth the money and time? Also, if anyone has a TB spacer and a CAI installed, where there any issues with the CAI tubes lining up?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ive always had good results with TB s on my other vehicles never installed one on my truck but their is quicker throttle response you can feel when you have one on.

·
8,070 Posts
The idea behind a throttle body spacer is to mimic a carb spacer. On a carbed engine the spacer gives the air and fuel more time to mix together. Since a fuel injected engine injects the fuel far after the throttle body it literally does nothing for you.... Just creates a longer path for the air to travel. As HemiLonestart said the only reason to use one would be to run nitrous.

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
In some cases the spacer is actually narrower than the TB opening. Also some manufacturers design their CAI's so that you have to use the spacer to bolt it on properly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
TB Spacer and CAI on 5.2L Magnum

I have a 1998 Ram 1500 with the 318. I have a spectre cold air intake and throttle body spacer. I didn't plan on to much of a difference, but i did notice the quicker throttle response. I did have a problem stuffing the intake on after putting the spacer in, but that's nothing a hammer couldn't fix.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts