DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A reply to my previous thread. If I take my throttle body off what am I looking for, cracks , dirt etc .
And is it worth buying a new one.
On a side note I will be changing my sparks out, I bought e3 last year and haven't seen anything different. For a 2006 1500 mega/c what is the recommended spark, own or njk.
Thx

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I'm not sure what year ur truck is, but if something is wrong with ur throttle body u should be looking for cracks or leaks. If it just has carbon build up on it, recommend cleaning. I'm not sure on the spark plugs.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My truck is a 2006 5.7 hemi with 105000 miles on it. I just went and purchased on seafoam for cleaning. As for the throttle body, is there anything super sensitive when removing it from the engine block to clean out.
Thx

·
Registered
105 Posts
Tb is really straight forward. 4 5/16" bolts and it pops right off. Maf sensor cleaner and a toothbrush will clean it safely. After you reinstall it do your seafoam. Pour slowly 1/3 into the vac line on the mid/upper left side of brake booster while the truck is running. Try not to stall it, once you've got 1/3 in, turn the truck off for 15 min. Once it's off you can pour 1/3 in the crankcase and the rest in the gas tank. Fire it up and go light it up for a few miles and clear all the buildup. I'd say no more than 30 miles. Park it and change the oil and filter as well as the spark plugs. Champion copper cheap plugs work the best. All that iridium e3 crap makes zero difference in this motor. Ngk coppers are fine too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok , I did the spark change, all mopar plugs. I removed the throttle body and cleaned it , it was bunked hard. Purchased the seafoam can, I will add it to the crankcase and fuel tank this evening.
Thx

·
Registered
71 Posts
x2 on the champion spark plugs hemi especially don't like much else then the copper core champions, i change mine around every 30,000km cause i have never been much of a champion fan.

Is there a gasket you need for the throttle body when it comes off?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts