DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey, im new to this forum, just need some help with the problem i have run into.
i have a 03 ram 1500 5.7, 22 thousand k on it.

yesterday i was driving with about 2k left till home and my tie rod snapped, complete catastrophic failure, i have pictures that i will post once i figure this website out lol. but my question is what can i do about it? as in contacting a dealer or supplier? i have a 2 year old that was in the truck with me. thank god i wasnt on the highway because it could have caused much more problems then im experiencing.

i didnt hit a curb or anything like that, i drive fairly Conservative, no offroading and i keep up with regular maintenance. just wondering why its even possible for this to occur, and what i can do going forward. any help is much appreciated, thanks.

edit: heres some pictures

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Let us know how you make out and please keep us updated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let us know how you make out and please keep us updated.
well i fixed it myself, went with moog tie rods, and what ever the basic rack n pinion is. tried calling dodge to get some answers as to why this happened but i got no real response. when i took it in for an alignment after i installed it the guy there told me that they often get guys coming in for alignments after replacing them, but never herd of one just snapping like mine did. it was a clean break, no rusting or cracks or anything like that, just snapped lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts