DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
It is time to replace my front brake pads and rotors. It's at 36k. I talked to my friend who worked with chrysler for 25 years. He recommends to get the ceramic pads from Advance Auto, not Autozone or even OEM. What are your recommendations? Don't want to spend too much. I do live in upstate NY so warpage of rotors and salt are a concern with these cold winters. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had good luck with the top of the line lifetime warranty pads from both places. Usually both stores top of line pads will have the hardware kits with them also.
I also live in NY and the pads have never been a problem the rotors are due to rust. I ended up installing zinc coated crossed drilled rotors for a few dollars more on my previous truck due to the rust problems.

I'm suprised to hear you are replacing your brakes though. I'm heavy on the brakes and tow trailers frequently and will just be doing my brakes next month at 55k.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a little surprised that I have to change them too. The dealer suggested that I change them last oil change. I don,t tow ever and I do a lot of highway driving. I guess I am going to need a second opinion. :4-dontknow: Thanks for the advice

1 - 3 of 3 Posts