DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what every1 is running as far as timing advance/retard and which plugs? Looking to see what's best out there as far as durability, power, and MPGs. How often do you change your plugs and wires. What type of problems if any. And what is your set up - build?

Thanks, any additional info is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Well from what I know about timeing on gen 2 trucks. Not that I've had to dig into minethere is no real way to advance timeing. The only way to do it is set 0 top dead center. Just let computer and cranck position center do there thing. There kind of limeted do to haveing micanical timeing and electronic fuel injection. The fuel is timed off cam position, hei ignition. If ones off it won't start. Now there are ways to do things for more power and better throttle responce. Timeing has to be done in power programing, throttle can be done with TB mod, change throttle position sensor wire. Both have been posted. Now on to next part they say every 30,000 on plugs, the only thing as far as plugs I have only had luck with champions.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Now looking back on your stats mine is 318. Now v10 all of it is done by computer. You have coil packs and no distributor cap. So power programer is almost the only way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now looking back on your stats mine is 318. Now v10 all of it is done by computer. You have coil packs and no distributor cap. So power programer is almost the only way.

Yes, I know what your manual tells you to do. I'm not asking for that. Also, i know the engine is computer controlled and a V10, thats why its in a V10 specific thread. I'm asking people for their builds, and how often they have to change their plugs and/or adjust the timing because of said programmers tunes. Also how often they change out their injectors because using such programmers, like to fry them over time. I'm looking for real world stats, not what a book says, or what a company may imply. I'm also looking for the best spark plug via word of mouth. So, I can make informed decisions for my build(s).

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Sorry about that. I did my first post Off celphone and didn't see what type of eng you where dealing with and tryed to correct my self. Now real world and mods I still with chrysler products. Haveing owned and done some mods on 7 now still go with champions they seem to run better. Sorry and good luck with mods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts