Votes: 10 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did this on my last truck BUT it was Onyx Black, they looked sexy on a black truck.
I'm on the fence doing the same thing to a blue truck.

I'll have to avoid blacking out the reflectors since in Louisiana they'll pull you over all day for it.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
u can get a automotive shop to reduce down the factory color of ur truck so it will be tinted to match ur truck's color then sprayed!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wait wait... are you actually suggesting I purposely age the vehicle's 1 year old paint job? No freaking way!

Doing a mock photoshop when I get home to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
You thinking of doing Onyx black also for the tails or color matching the tails to the current paint code?

My tails were color matched to PBJ (Atlantic Blue Pearl Coat) and it came out pretty darn good.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Color matching the tails never did cross my mind. Not sure if it's legal here. I see DOT officers around town a lot, may just ask one next time.

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
I've seen lots of blue trucks with tinted tails, they all looked good, especially if you take the time to get rid of all the chrome and go with a blue/black theme. Color matching the tails will look better IMHO, and as long as the light canx pass through then there's rarely any issues, though, you'd have to find out if your county/state requires the reflector to be visible in addition to the reverse light space.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
W
Wait wait... are you actually suggesting I purposely age the vehicle's 1 year old paint job? No freaking way!

Doing a mock photoshop when I get home to see what it looks like.
Misunderstanding. I meant what kay9 meant. Color matching the lights by reducing down the factory paint code.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I tinted my tails on my orange truck with just plain black NiteShades. I think they came out nice, not too glossy not too dull.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Misunderstanding. I meant what kay9 meant. Color matching the lights by reducing down the factory paint code.
LOL! I should have picked up on what you meant from the get-go. It really does make sense when I re-read your suggestion. :doh:

I tinted my tails on my orange truck with just plain black NiteShades. I think they came out nice, not too glossy not too dull.

That looks exactly what I've expected the outcome to look like! I used VHT on my last vehicle's lights. Pretty easy to work with. Playing with ideas in my mind. Truck has the chrome package already. If I'm adding tinted tails, and will tint the windows later...then I'm just about forcing myself to look at black wheels when that time comes.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yeah it started with the tails for me, then I plastidipped my grill. As soon as it clears up and gets warm the 4x4 emblem on the back is getting removed and the chrome strips on the doors are getting plastidipped. Seeing as how I have brand new tires on it and I want 22s if I'm swapping wheels, I might just plastidip my wheels for now.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I paint matched mine myself.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gimme!!! Now!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts