DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After checking out the different options for tail lights i decided to attempt spray tinting my tails. I think it came out well :smileup:

Thanks for all the info guys!!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Very nicely done!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the compliments! Will be debaging once weather gets warmer up here.. that being said has anyone removed the ram logo on the tailgate? Keep it or clean up the tailgate?

Nice, did you clear coat them? Looks sharp.
Ya 3 medium coats of VHT Shade then 4 light coats of clear. i did not however sand them down after clearcoat as i liked them the way they are (and because my sanding skills are noob) :LOL:

·
Registered
644 Posts
If you wanted to get the to shine with your paint, you still can. Would need to do a steel wool buff, then polish the shit out of them but theyd be shiny like the rest of the truck :D Although some people prefer the matte finish which you might.

Also, if you remove the tailgate logo, youll have a big indention. Some people have had them smoothed out (weld in a piece of metal and repaint), and I believe there are aftermarket badges to fill the gap with various things if you wanted to go that route.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you wanted to get the to shine with your paint, you still can. Would need to do a steel wool buff, then polish the shit out of them but theyd be shiny like the rest of the truck :D Although some people prefer the matte finish which you might.

Also, if you remove the tailgate logo, youll have a big indention. Some people have had them smoothed out (weld in a piece of metal and repaint), and I believe there are aftermarket badges to fill the gap with various things if you wanted to go that route.
Ya i'll leave them like this for awhile cuz i dont mind the matte look for now and i can always get them shiny like you said!

As for the tailgate badge thanks for clearing that up i dont want to remove it unless it will be smooth.. So i guess it's staying :sad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts