DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Busy weekend for the truck and I. Got front tints put on (35%) as that is the Illinois Law.
without

With tints

Took all the badges off using some strong fishing line and pulling the sticky tape off using the pull back and out method. used some googone for the hard parts.

For the front, I removed the grill (4 bolts under the fan cover and 3 clips at the bottom that slide out) and then took off the insert (a million little clips along the perimeter) The front badge is attached with 4 clips that pop out pretty easy. This is a 2 piece badge that you can separate with a little finagling of the 2 inner clips.

I prepped the Front Ram head and grill inserts and applied 3 good coats of Plastidip, and then prepped, painted, and cleared the background to using the Duplicolor Perfect match.

The rear one was tricky since it was all one piece and I wanted the same look as the front. I have seen it painted all black and that looks good but i think a little contrast between the black and the gray looked better. I first removed all the black from the badge background using some googone and elbow grease, then prepped painted and cleared the whole thing. I put on some extra clear coat to help with the next step. I then plastidipped the whole big badge with 3 coats. Then, I took a sharp knife and cut along the outline of the sides and the ram head, then with a lot of patience and some help from a toothpick, i peeled back the Plastidip to reveal the painted surface.

I think it all turned out pretty good. Let me know what you think and if you have any questions.
The minor disaster was on the way to get plasti-dip from Home Depot. A Jetta rear-ended me as I was turning into the lot. Oh well. Will be in the shop next week :smiledown: :sad:

My minor damage. dented, shifted bumper and a chip on the bed panel.

Those steel bumpers do quite a number

Sorry for the crappy phone pics and the dirty truck. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Great job on the badges, they really look great. I would like to do something similar but don't know that I would have the patience.
Sorry for the damage, hopefully when it comes out of the shop it will look good as new.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Rams heads look great! Great Job!

The Jetta mod ..... not so great. I'd reconsider....but if you like it.....;)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
not a big fan of the Jetta mod.......great job on the rest....good luck with the Jetta repair.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I love the look of the emblems on the truck. Being that I have same color truck I might consider it!

As for the mod of the Jetta, everyone says they don't like the mod. Personally I like what you did to the Jetta. Quite honestly I think it made it look more like what it is. Lol.

Good luck on the Repairs!

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
cool mods but I am still up in the air on the Jetta one IDK maybe it will grow on me

·
Registered
97 Posts
...I wish somebody would do this and sell them! Looks great

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
I wonder if I could Plasti-dip the whole thing, cut out the background then only paint the background???? That is what I was going to do with liquid mask, but it is super hard to find locally!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Nice job on the mods. That rear one turned out great with all your patience. Sorry to hear about your fender bender, hopefully it comes out as good as new

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
The badges look great.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts