DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening,
I believe my TIPM (Totally integrated power module) went out in my 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L V8. The issues that have arose from this is my dashboard lights went out, along with gauges on the dash, keyless entry, turn signals along with four-way flashers, and cabin lights. My truck still runs and drives. The headlights (low, high, running, and fog) still work along with brake lights. The push button lights inside the cabin work along with the radio, clock, and cigarette outlets. What causes the TIPM to go out? Where can I find a refurbished one since I do not care for buying one that is used even though refurbished ones are used but they are clean and wont have the chance be faulty if you get what I mean. I have scoured the web for a refurbished one but they do not seem to have refurbished ones. I only seem to find used ones off of ebay that look like they have been through the ringer. Winter is around the corner and this is my daily driver. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Nikolai

·
Registered
690 Posts
I would try one from a wrecking yard, might even get a warrantee. Then maybe check around, if you have someone local that works on electronics? I'm thinking someone who fixes electronics, could take it apart and check where the fault it, and fix. Also, just because something looks like it's been thru the wringer, doesn't mean it's no good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts