DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for some tires and am leaning towards an A/T setup because I have never driven in a truck with M/T. I am worried about the noise at highway speeds as that will be 90% of my driving. Does anyone have the nitto trail grappler tires? If so, and you live between Newark, DE and King of Prussia, PA, shoot me a PM and maybe we can meet up and hop on a highway to hear the "hum" everyone claims is barely noticeable. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Go to your dealer ask to try out a Jeep Rubicon. Those mudders that they use will give you a feeling. I've ridden in a Tundra with GY Duratracs, was too much for me. I have the GY Armortracs, they are pretty quiet, but not real aggressive. It's a Catch 22, don't think there is a quiet tire that looks aggressive and is good off road.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
New 35" Tires on Copperhead Pearl

Just got the tires mounted on my stock 20x9 wheels. They definitely make the truck look mean. Noticeable tire noise above 70mph, but not significant and the radio on about 15 volume can overpower it. If you are worried about the noise, don't be, just buy these, I already received 3 compliments this past weekend from random people. After a week, you won't even notice the slight whir over the stock tires. I drive 75%/25% highway/city and I did lose about 2-3 mpg as I was at 17-18 where I am now at 14.5. No regrets.

Specs:
I have Bilstein 5100s on the front set @ 2.1. Tires are Nitto Trail Grapplers M/T 35x11.5. They fit perfectly with no rub and no spacers. I probably have about 1/4" on the inside at the upper control arms at full lock. Here are the pics before (no lift and stock tires) and after:

Before/After Combined:

Before Front Angle:

After Front Angle:

After Profile:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts