DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L Flame Red
42,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last two mornings the tire pressure warning light has come on but has gone out when I have started the vehicle later. We are starting to get colder temperatures then we have had this winter could that have an effect on the sensor?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
In the mornings the PSI in your tires is lower, how low would probably vary every day. Its not a big deal as long as it turns off later once everything is up to operating temps...

Kinda like when you were a kid and the basketballs would be soft in the morning after being out all night but at lunch time they were hard and would bounce like normal again

·
Registered
698 Posts
Low temps can definitely lower your starting pressure on tire inflation. Did you check the pressure with a guage? If I got a low pressure warning, I wouldn't even drive the vehicle before checking pressure. I keep a small guage in the door pocket of all my vehicles and check them frequently, regardless of having any onboard monitoring. Tires are too expensive, and the safety factor too great IMO to solely trust any device other than a good guage. These pressure monitors are a nice safety and convenience element, but I wouldn't trust my life or wallet to them.

·
Administrator
42,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I will pick up a new gauge tonight on my way home from work. I meant to get one awhile ago but have forgotten. I left my old gauge in my car when I traded it in and haven't checked these ones yet.

·
Registered
442 Posts
hey shawn, my tire psi is set to 38, and every morning my tire light is on also, anything under O celsius and mine screw up, kind of annoying but oh well

·
Administrator
42,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey shawn, my tire psi is set to 38, and every morning my tire light is on also, anything under O celsius and mine screw up, kind of annoying but oh well
That is what we have been getting for temps. I did check them and they could use a bit they were at 36.

Miramichi hey. My buddy's sister and parents live out there

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Mine have done the same thing in stupid cold temps. Mind you it's -27C today and no issues.

·
Administrator
42,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad I am not there. I mean here in Victoria they issue a snowfall warning for 5 cm of snow lol. 6 inches of snow shuts the city down it is pretty funny

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
you guys are gonna hate me.... i walked out this morning and it was 68*F lol. Being that cold must suck, I got out of MI just in time lol

·
Registered
442 Posts
i was told by a friend today, a way to cure this problem, but not sure if it would work or not. he said take all the sensors out of the rims, and replace with reg stems. take the sensors and go put a chunk of good pvc pipe and 2 end caps. put the sensors int here, and seal it up, also add an air nipple, take it somewhere and pump around 40 psi into the pvc pipe, then throw it under your seat.... kind of a smart idea, but im not sure if it would work... it would be warm there, and you would also never have to worry about swapping the sensors when u change rim/tires???

@shawn- do u know the folks names?? ive only been here 3 years, but being a medic i tend to meet ALOT of ppl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts