DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me how to reset the TPMS. It went off a week ago and I've put 70+psi in the tire and it's still flashing a warning. Funny thing is that it flashes the higher psi saying to check it. What gives? It's got plenty of air but won't reset.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Bad TPMS sensor...buy a new one

·
Registered
111 Posts
The sensor will trigger the light with higher air pressure as well, the tires need to be set to the placard, more air is not better. Usually when a TPMS warning light is flashing that is an indication of a problem in the system, when the light is on solid that is usually low tire pressure. With that being said, you need to determine which sensor has failed if any. You will need a TPMS tool like the Bartec or OTC to check the output of the sensor unless of course you can see physical damage to the sensor, i.e. the valve stem torn off or sensor damaged during tire replacement. Then it can be replaced with either the factory sensor from Dodge or an aftermarket sensor. The easiest way is to get a sensor that is listed for your vehicle so it will be programed, do not use an aftermarket universal sensor.

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
My buddy just had the same problem.....He bought an aftermarket sensor and it continually gave him problems......Buy the one listed for your vehilce and have it programmed.....

Good luck and please keep us updated......

Ed

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Ya, the system is SLOW to update

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.