DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3500 Dually with the Laramie package. My previous truck was a 1500 with the same package. The 1500 would alert me on low air pressure in the tires. The 3500 shows the tire pressure(s) in the instrument panel, but I get no warning of low pressure. My inside tire was down to ten pounds and no warning.

So my question is: Is the 3500 supposed to warn me ?

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a 3500 Dually with the Laramie package. My previous truck was a 1500 with the same package. The 1500 would alert me on low air pressure in the tires. The 3500 shows the tire pressure(s) in the instrument panel, but I get no warning of low pressure. My inside tire was down to ten pounds and no warning.

So my question is: Is the 3500 supposed to warn me ?

Thanks,
Ken
I forgot to mention that the 1500 was a 2020 and the 3500 is a 2022.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Good to know that the low air warning light can be turned off. Perhaps some owners want to run a little less air when the truck is empty and still monitor the air pressure, but do not want a light to turn on in the dash. Did you determine why those two tires went flat and had them removed and checked for internal damage?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good to know that the low air warning light can be turned off. Perhaps some owners want to run a little less air when the truck is empty and still monitor the air pressure, but do not want a light to turn on in the dash. Did you determine why those two tires went flat and had them removed and checked for internal damage?
Unfortunately I jumped the gun. It was turned off, but now, even though it is turned on, it does not work. I'll have it into the dealer after the first of October and have it looked at.
The pressure loss was due to loosening valve extensions at the rim. I'll just have to make sure they are tight more often.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Unfortunately I jumped the gun. It was turned off, but now, even though it is turned on, it does not work. I'll have it into the dealer after the first of October and have it looked at.
The pressure loss was due to loosening valve extensions at the rim. I'll just have to make sure they are tight more often.
3500 series trucks do not have a tire pressure monitor system. They have a tire pressure information system. They DO NOT warn you of low tires. Nothing the dealer can or will do about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts