DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I got the tire rod recall done on my truck. Cost me nothing except a new set of tires. Now less than 2k miles later they are telling me my wheel bearing is bad. The question is, has anyone else had a problem with their wheel bearings after they had the tire rod recall done on their truck. I find it hard to believe that my 36k truck already has a bad wheel bearing (conveniently after the warranty expired). Plus they are saying it is like $450 to get this done. Does that seem strange to anyone else? thanks in advance for any input.

Skip

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
before my warranty expired, i bought the Lifetime Maximum Care Warranty, but with the $100 deductible, i would still have some cost

When they replaced the TIE ROD, they should have checked out the complete steering & suspension, as well as doing an front end alignment

If they told you that it needs a wheel bearing, i don't see where it would cost that much
you could buy the best Timkin wheel bearing & hub assembly for $187.15 + tax
(believe me, Dodge uses a much cheaper part than Timkin)
http://www.am-autoparts.com/2009/Do...eel-bearing-hub-front/AM-12191171/561294.html

If you only need the wheel bearing, you would only need it & the wheel bearing seals.
Not the whole hub assembly

Personally, i would take the Ram to a Alignment Shop & get the work done, or at least have them inspect it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts